Need help with schematics?
Mar 6, 2006 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mr Iriver

1000+ Head-Fier
With this being the diy forum I was thinking maybe you guys could help me out.

I have an uncle in Colombia, who is a professional elctrician, but I on the other hand don't know much about circuit making and such.

Thing is he could build me a guitar effect. He is avery good electrician who has built me very good amps in the past.

since I don't know much about electronics I would like you guys to tell me if this is enough information for him to built the device. Or is more information needed for him to know how to build it.
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/elect...iew.php?id=381

I would also like to know about how long such project could take.

Thank you very much.

Mar 6, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 7
That should be enough information.

Mar 6, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks

Do you guys know if those parts are hard to find?

And how long does it seem it would take by looking at the schematics?

thanks

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 7
Digikey.com is your friend. You can find most of the components there.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 7
I would hope you would give him more advice than that. The average person (myself included) can't build something off of a schematic alone right off the bat.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 7
At a minimum, you should have a BoM (Bill of Material), that gives you the part numbers and quantities for everything on the schematic. It takes a lot of time to go through a schematic and figure out what everything really is, especially capacitors. Film? Electrolytic? Ceramic? How many volts?

My job requires that I build from schematics, and I'd have a tough time with this one. Not enough info, IMO. I'd definitely be back at the Engineers desk for clarification. (I'd probably redraw this schematic so I could follow the signal flow more readily - it's a bit jumbled.)

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks.

I decided to look for a simpler schematic.

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/elect...iew.php?id=612

Is this new schematic simple enough to work, by simply reading the schematic? Is all the info needed in the schematic?

It looks way simpler to me in comparison to the electric mistress, but I don't really know much about electronics, which is why I ask.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back