NEED HELP with new headphone pick...Please :)
Jul 9, 2011 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

freeatlast92

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm new here and as my first post I thought I would ask for your help picking a new headphone... I currently have an Ultrasone HFI-580 which I've been fairly happy with for about a year now. With that said, I am looking for a new set of headphones with the following criteria:

- Low impedance (32ohm maybe) since I will be listening to it with my ipod/laptop and a headphone amp really isn't an option as I move around alot (I'm a student at univ.)
- MORE bass than my Ultrasone headphones, I listen to mostly techno/house (ie. David Guetta, Deadmau5, etc)
- My price range is really quite flexible as I really want something awesome so I can go up to around 350$+ if the improvement over the ultrasones is significant

Now I have done a bit of research on the subject and read reviews on the Beyerd.DT770, Sony XB500/XB700. But I just think I need a bit more convincing as I have read some mixed posts regarding some headphone. I am ok with the technical terms so feel to give any details you want :D
Thanks alot guys!

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm surprised that you're not satisfied with the HFI-580 on electronic. No matter, to each his own. :)

I can recommend the Audio Technica Pro700 MKII. Better than the XB series for those who can afford it.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I'm surprised that you're not satisfied with the HFI-580 on electronic. No matter, to each his own.
smily_headphones1.gif

Op is a basshead. Why not give a try to the XB series? 

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for suggesting the review Crinacle! It was very informative thanks sooooo much for taking the time to do it :D I think I'm going to give the pro700 MK2 a try... Do you think getting the M50 earpads are worth it? I mean is it a noticeable improvement upon the 580's?

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Thanks for suggesting the review Crinacle! It was very informative thanks sooooo much for taking the time to do it :D I think I'm going to give the pro700 MK2 a try... Do you think getting the M50 earpads are worth it? I mean is it a noticeable improvement upon the 580's?

Heck yes. They improve the comfort by 300% while enabling even more bass.

There is a nice review on those around these forums somewhere... He even compared the two pads.

I just wish I would have compared my MK2's to my XB500's. That, I regret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back