Need Help with Larocco PPA
Jun 14, 2004 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hanjie

Head-Fier
I just receive my Larocco PPA but it doesn't work. LED lights up but no sound come out when i plug in the headphone. I don't see any on/off switch, so how to turn it on so there's sound? Sorry I know this is stupid question, but I really don't know why no sound. Interconnects, source, headphones, power supply all fine, check already with another rig. Please help!

Jun 14, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 9
Obvious question, but did you contact Larocco? Maybe something came loose in shipping. They would know more about your PPA than we would.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 9
I've never seen a Larocoo PPA in person, so I could be completely wrong. But from the pictures I've seen on their website and here, it seems they have a power switch on the front. That silver knob/button. Is there anything like that?

Jun 14, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 9
The LaRocco PPA has a rocker on/off switch on the back of the unit; the button on the front is for bass boost. It is possible though that something broke off or came loose in the shipping process. I had mine for 10 days when it got very hot to the touch and stopped passing the sound through to the headphones! I sent it back to Larry and he found several components loose/broken off inside the unit. He had to resolder some things and is shipping it back to me today. I hope it can survive the return shipping. Anyway, contact him ASAP and perhaps, if you can solder, he can talk (email) you through the repair process so you don't have to hassle with return shipping from Taiwan, and then another trip back to you.
Aren't the shipping services we use incredible???

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 9
I would contact Larry and I'm sure he will take care of it for you. I have several problems in shipping before: 1) Damaged circuit board on my C333ES (totally lost!) and 2) Loose wire on my PPA.

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 9
Jun 15, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 9
I kmnow for sure that Phil will take care of you, and at least will guide you to troubleshoot it, give them a shout....

Jun 16, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Hanjie, Larry returned my PPA to me today and it is now working perfectly again. Nothing loose rattling around inside and beautiful sound once again to my headphones. It took me 2 days to ship it to him, and he took one day to fix the amp and then let it run continuously for a couple more days to make sure everything was right with it. He then sent it back to me via Next Day Air so I have it up and running again as of today. Let us know what needed fixing in your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back