Need help with gaming on Xbox 360
Dec 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

VeryUnwise

New Head-Fier
Guys I had a question. I play CoD ghosts on my xbox 360 through a monitor and I just plug cheap monoprice 8320 into the monitor (I currently only own cheap monoprice earphones). I understand this is not a very good setup so I would like to upgrade. I don't plan on buying any amp just plugging new headphones into the monitor. Are the HD 558s going to be any good which I can get for $180 here in Canada, I can also get the HD 518 for $115. Is the price difference worth it? If I grabbed the HD 518 I could also afford a Bluetooth Wp-350 to use with my macbook air and galaxy note 3 when I am in public (cords on my current earphones really bother me in a lot of situations). I was wondering if the HD 558 add enough performance over HD 518 when it comes to gaming with the xbox 360 + headphones plugged into monitor setup I have? I only have $200 Canadian to spend with taxes and shipping. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Plugging a pair of headphones into your monitor isn't ever going to give you good quality audio. I recommend you buy a pair of Turtle Beaches or a pair of Astro A40's used. Astro's and most of the mid-higher end Turtle Beaches will come with an amp. I love my Astro A40's and MixAmp they came with, and they do dolby digital out when connected to your Xbox'x optical out. It's a big help in game when you can hear where an enemy is coming from. You're only getting Stereo (left+right sounds) with your monitor.

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 4
In Canada look at the Senhauser HD360 Pro. Futureshop currently has em on sale from 180 slashed down to 70 bucks. You can get an adapter for like 5 bucks online to plug em direct into your 360 controller and get proper sound. 

They are not "the best" but are pretty damn good. I use em for tunes with my Nokia920  and the sound quality (ear bud to over ear) is like comparing what you would hear from a mute to an opera singer (in my experience using Philips/JVC/RCA/Black Box buds past few years)

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the suggestions. I was not able to grab a HD 360 pro because I was too late and they were all sold out but I got a HD 518 for $80. I am gonna look into getting an headset controller adapter and see how it works out for me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back