[Need help] Upgrade from Fiio E10 [USB DAC]
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SGA1

New Head-Fier
greetings everyone
i want to upgrade from my fiio e10 to something REALLY BETTER and have near 300$ also can buy a used one dac
my headphones are Sennheiser 600 hd and i also listening all kind of music, so it would be great if the dac will be neutral and can handle speed-metal genres
if anyone have an ideas please let me know ASAP 
L3000.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 7
From your initial post, im assuming you're using the Fiio E10 as both an DAC and amp. Although the amp section of the Fiio E10 is technically capable of driving the HD600s, you wont be getting the best out of these headphones. With your budget of $300, I would suggest getting an amp such as the Matrix m-stage or Objective2 and continue to use the dac section of the Fiio E10 as it is quite good for its price. If you are looking for purely for a DAC, I would suggest the HRT Musicstreamer II or the ODAC which are both within your price range. Keep in mind that both of them are standalone DACs and will still need to be paired with an amp capable of driving your 300 ohm headphones.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
greetings everyone
i want to upgrade from my fiio e10 to something REALLY BETTER and have near 300$ also can buy a used one dac
my headphones are Sennheiser 600 hd and i also listening all kind of music, so it would be great if the dac will be neutral and can handle speed-metal genres

The ODAC (and ODAC+Objective2) get good reviews from many audionuts and engineers. It's well within your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back