Need help to spend my money - new hobby
Sep 1, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #61 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Start a loaner program for head-fiers and send around some rigs to the noobs so that they can hear the potential of ERS, Nordost, etc.

I already made a test drive of my Valkyrja a year ago. But it was lost in shipping. I would have continued sending out more of my cables but I don't want more to get lost in shipping.

Quote:

What is your stick of choice for shooting (not Breaking) and what weight? I see you as a 19 oz. Schon guy.

I have removed all the weight inside the butt of my stick. I use 19oz for breaking and 17.5oz Meucci for playing, I have sanded down my shaft from the original 13mm into 11.8mm diameter, I get crazy spin now. When people are watching I sometimes hear weird breathing sounds when I make my normal shots. But when I make good shots, I don't hear anything, maybe they think it is luck.

Sep 1, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #62 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by saboteur1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Food/Cooking. You could go on doing that for a lifetime. Just buy some cookbooks and ingredients and you're all set.

Already started: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248747

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about computer gaming? Build an awesome rig for $10000, and you upgrade $500 components every month, and continue buying games online. That's a pretty expensive hobby in my opinion.

I will get 9800gtx in december with UT3 and Crysis.

Sep 1, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #63 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always found it satisfying to give money away with no strings attached. Give a homeless person a $100 bill for instance. It doesn't matter what he buys. It's his business. My satisfaction is in the giving.

I want to put money into people's pockets, but I don't like it when they see me sticking my hand inside their pocket, they think I am stealing.

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #64 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have removed all the weight inside the butt of my stick. I use 19oz for breaking and 17.5oz Meucci for playing, I have sanded down my shaft from the original 13mm into 11.8mm diameter, I get crazy spin now. When people are watching I sometimes hear weird breathing sounds when I make my normal shots. But when I make good shots, I don't hear anything, maybe they think it is luck.

No luck when shooting for money.
wink.gif

So, do you run any tours in the Euro/States or do you just stay local?

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #65 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think that you were built for speed, Patrick. So...

Stock car racing! That's a different hobby and huge money's spent. It's friendship bonding hobby, too, with lots of people milling about, but I always got headaches from the fumes.

No, no, no - not stock car racing. Pat's Scandinavian; he should take up rally racing!

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #66 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to put money into people's pockets, but I don't like it when they see me sticking my hand inside their pocket, they think I am stealing.

LAWL

patrick, you are the man!

Sep 2, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #67 of 78
Quote:

No luck when shooting for money.
wink.gif

So, do you run any tours in the Euro/States or do you just stay local?

I was asked to go Euro tour 6 years ago, but I didn't want to go, I don't see the point in traveling for many days only to play two short matches.
I just play the local handicapped tournaments. I have -49 handicap and the lowest is -50, I think they will ban me soon and tell me I need to turn "pro". But I don't want to. So I just never reach -50 and hope I can stay. But less people have started showing up at every tournament, so that is a problem.

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #68 of 78
^^ Haha...that's awesome. I wish I could build a life playing a game or sport...especially one as non physically demanding as billiards....you're my hero.

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #70 of 78
the moderators on that forum are idiots.. they're giving you these general therapy replies that treat you as if you're just the average everyday psycho

personally, i agree with you that you are different, but not in a negative sense. i don't think you want a girlfriend, but hwat a girlfriend represents.. which brings us to the question of what intrigues a man whose nature is contradictory to human/animal(?) nature itself (to **** until the planet is overpopulated with our descendants)

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #72 of 78
am i the only one who gets tired of seeing these threads?

Sep 2, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #73 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by gates_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
am i the only one who gets tired of seeing these threads?

You mean Attention-Fi?

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #74 of 78
Try skiing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back