Need Help: Shure SE215 vs. Klipsch Image/ Reference S4
Jan 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Boombastic88

Head-Fier
First off I would like to say that I am VERY excited to hear about the arrival of the brand new Sennheiser HD700's. Even though I'll probably never get to experience them myself, they look very promising and much better in asthetics than the HD800's. With that said, I really need everybody's help. Sadly, just a week after I got them, I broke my brand new Klipsch Image S4's. They didn't have a chance to burn in completely, but I was enjoying them very much, especially compared to my Beats Tours (hate them, hate them, hate them!). So now I am selling my Beats to get money for new IEM's. As stated in the title, I have narrowed down my choices to these three IEM's: Klipsch Image S4, Klipsch Reference S4 (yes I know that not many people have tried them yet but I thought I would throw them in there anyway), and the Shure SE215. I liked the Klipsch Image S4 a lot. They were very detailed and musical, but seemed to have a dark overall sound signature and slightly recessed mids. Even so, they were very enjoyable to listen to. As for the Reference S4's, I would like to know if there are any sound differences along with the cometic changes from the Image. If nobody knows, it's no biggy. What I would like to know more is are the Shures better tham the Images? From what I have read, the Shures have more forward, smooth mids(which I love), more controlled bass, and less sibilance issues in the highs. They sound better to me from what I've read, but I would still like to hear everybody's opinions. Also, how does the detail on the Shures compare to the Klipsch? With the Klipsch, I was literally hearing things I had never heard in my music before. Are the Shures even more detailed? I also really liked the around the ear and removable cable on the Shures. So that's pretty much it. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I would like to keep the suggestions limited to these three IEM's to avoid confusion, but if there is a headphone you think is significantly better than these in the price range, feel free to share your opinion. Thank you very much!
 P.S.- I listen to pretty much all types of music except for oldies, screamo, and bluegrass so the headphone would have to be a good all-arounder. I use an iPod touch playing both MP3 and Apple Lossless files. No amp.

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 4
I'd say the Klipsch's S4's aren't a bad choice, they sound really good, music separation and detail is great. I too have Monster beats tour, Klipsch S4i, Sennheiser MM30i  and recently Shure SE215. But of all these headphones I've used and tested them with different music genres, I'd say with content that the Shure SE215's are the best choice for me. The Monster beats are great for modern Hip hop and bass heavy kinda musics, but the sound gets soupy when listening to acoustic instrumental musics. The klipsch S4i's are really great but i found the low end bass a lil absent, good for acoustic and instrumental music lovers, but durability is the issue, my cable got snapped within 3 months of use. Sennheiser MM30i's are really good headphone as well, but i simply can't stand the trebles, they hurt my ears. But the SHURE SE215?? its an allrounder I'd say. I listen to all types of music genres and they will be the  top choice for me. However the headphones don't come with inline remote and mic and that is only the issue for me. Other than that, When it comes to sound quality, noise isolation, looks, durability, comfort and Fit. THIS IS THE ONE.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back