Need help setting up preamp
Jul 18, 2002 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mackay maus

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all;

I recently purchased a SONY TA-E1000ESD Digital Pre-Amp without manuals and wonder if some of you could answer some questions. I plan to run this with my Hafler amp, but notice the line out on the unit has outs for centre, back etc. Can this be run as simple stereo?

If anyone has a manual for this unit or a similar unit, I'd love to buy a copy. Too many buttons!

Thanks all

M

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 8
lol 2002? nm I was just doing a search and this popped up. hope u found the manual. this pre-amp has a decent headphone out btw.

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #4 of 8
I ws surprised to see this thread resurrected! Never did get a manual for this puppy, or figure out how to set it up to work in stereo. Woud love to get a consumer manual (not the tech one-if I can't figure out how to work it, I'd blow myself up opening it up!)

Thanks for the info folks!

M

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Do not pay this stupid prices for any manual, this guy has all the service manuals you want for $5.00 a shot (in PDF of course) I have purchased from him many, many, times and the only time that he had failed was with one Harman Kardon Citation A vintage preamp, he also for 25.00 or so give you the ID and password to the database of all manuals from a given brand, so go and figure, do your math...

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Perfect! I couldn't get the links to work on the web site but have emailed him for info.

I appreciate all of you taking the time to help me out. I owe you all a virtual beer! (and a good Canadian virtual beer at that!)

Thanks again

M

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks guys-five years later my problem solved! Bought and downloaded the manual, and will start playing with the pre amp today. Not sure how good it is (or was), but it matches my other ES old school stuff.

Again, my thanks to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back