NEED HELP! : Sennheiser IE7 vs Monster Beats In-Ear Headphone
Apr 6, 2011 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ahbee1628

New Head-Fier

Hi guys ,

I have read many other post on these site but still have some questions left unaswered !

(1) Which ones are better? Please make it more detailed as to why and if possible your opinion on the pros and cons of each one.
    (I used to like crappy headphone becox they had alot of bass, but now that i have been shown what real SQ is i have
    chucked away my crappy Ipod headphones xD; i would prefer headphones that has a great soundstage, warm... but also have
    great bass for those rnb and techno etc.)

(2) Is the Sennheiser IE7 worth £120 in your opinion ? (One again please be more detailed as to why you think that.)

(3) Is the Sennheiser IE7 over-the-ear mount comfortable? Please provide a photo of you having the IE7s in if you could so i can see
what it looks like.(Btw i have glasses so do you think it'll be less comfortable etc.)

(4) Is there anything in your opinion that is better than the 2? (Similar price range guys ! :p ) Many Thanks Guys ! Hope you can
help me decide on which one to buy !!! ...

Thks. aH:B
beyersmile.png

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 12
Do You want in ear like above or would You be more comfortable with an over the ear phone? I wish I could give You a more difinitive answer on those mentioned and I looked under the Head Gear site to see if the Senn. IE7 was reviewed, but to no avail. Maybe You could look under the Head Gear site headphone, in ear and spot something else in this range.

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 12
The sennheiser IE7 and 8 are literally the best Iems you can get sub $300, at least in my opinion, and the Monster Beats line are literally the worst. So yea...I'd say the ie7 is worth it, its significantly better

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 12
if youre going Monster, skip the beats all together and go for the Turbines.

PS: Sennheiser and Monster headphones have a high fraud rate. I strongly reccomend sticking with authorized dealers, or well known people in the F/S section of this forum

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 12
I don't think this is a forum that can give a fair comparason of two headphones.  People favor certain brands here, and could come off as being a bit snobbish and maybe racist.  Anything Beats are frowned upon here.  The demographics here may cause odds against Beats type headphones or music genra.  I'll bet you 99% of the people that hate on Beats in this forum have never listened to it.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
I don't think this is a forum that can give a fair comparason of two headphones.  People favor certain brands here, and could come off as being a bit snobbish and maybe racist.  Anything Beats are frowned upon here.  The demographics here may cause odds against Beats type headphones or music genra.  I'll bet you 99% of the people that hate on Beats in this forum have never listened to it.

in my case, I have. there was a demo unit at my staples. the bass was a bit wompy and it sounded like it was trying too hard to produce treble detail(that kind of sound when you EQ too much treble on a cheap speaker); wompy, sibilant, confuzed, distorted. You're better off pocketing the extra hundred and going with the Meelec M6 if you want a similar sound.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 12
I'm pretty sure it's a widely accepted fact that Beats IEMs are inferior to IE7s and even Turbines in sonic performance. And most of us, including myself, have heard Beats, thanks to the omnipresent Beats kiosks in every big box store.

And how is Head-Fi racist?

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:

I own a pair of Beats Tour, given as a gift, and I have to say, Tour's performance is low mid class at its best. And that's for people that like their bassy music. Does that mean they are bad? Not necessarily, it is just the most overpriced IEM you'll ever get.

So, before you start generalizing all of us, maybe you should provide why you think Beats are good or worthy of their price. I am sure that'll be a lot more helpful to the OP.

On topic:

The IE7 is more worthy of its price than Tour is. Whether it is the correct sound signature for you though... it is hard to say. However, I do think that if you are coming from bassy earphones, the IE7 is a good upgrade.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:

This could bring war upon you HighQ  :p   If you want honest reviews made by serious audiophiles and experts, you come here.  If you want reviews based on some kid who got the beats and loved them because he never used anything before that and declared them the best headphones available, you go anywhere else for your reviews.  

Apr 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:

Why would You bring racism into this, it has nothing at all to do with the opinion's of the member's here. That sound's like a chidish cry to Me, if You like them so much, go ahead and enjoy them that's YOUR opinion. When You start to say outlandish thing's, then it's time for You to find another site to join!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back