Need help regarding V-MODA and Audio Technica headphones!!
Jan 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Woozy

New Head-Fier
Hey I've been looking to buy a new pair of headphones and I got interested in a few headphones from V-MODA and Audio Technica. I have a few questions so if you could share some insight on as many as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated. I listen mainly to rap/hip hop and R&B, as well as some reggae and a little alternative. I want a pair with some strong bass but, don't sacrifice the quality of the highs, mids, etc. Most likely will be using these on long trips or personal listening, and I wont be using amps.

I've been interested in the V-MODA Crossfade LP2's because of their bass and look and durability. But I've heard that the bass comes with a sacrifice in the quality of the highs and mids. How true is this?

I understand the ATH-M50s are a great pair of headphones that is very versatile. Some say this pair is a bass monster, and some say its alright in the bass department. How would purchasing a pair of ATH-PRO700MK2's be? Would those be a better pair of headphones than the M50's?

I also understand that V-MODA's M-80/V-80's are a great pair of heaphones. How is the bass of them? How do they compare to the Audio Technicas mentioned above?

Lastly, I'm wondering about the noise isolation of each. How do the M-80s do with their hexagonal cushion shape. How is the isolation performance of the over ear headphones mentioned above?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 4
I have been looking at the same sets of headphones and would really love any feedback from someone who has owned or listened to these.
I would also ask, how much difference would having an amp add? 
For what you are looking for, I have also heard good things about the Ultrasone HFI-580's and Byerdynamic DT-990 Pro's. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the LP's. Don't get them, they leak a lot and the bass is good but it sacrafices the mids and highs. I'm also looking at the ATHPRO700MK2's any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back