Need Help ps3 & ps4 audio..
May 10, 2015 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

momos

Head-Fier
Hi. i need help....

about the ps3 and ps4, they both got no 3.5mm port but they both got digital out(optical).. and my speaker chain are like speaker to amp then 3.5mm to dac then dac usb to pc... if for ps3/ps4 can i speaker to amp then 3.5mm to optical adapter then to ps3/ps4 optical?

do u think i can use something like optical to 3.5mm adapter? like this
http://www.jamellcables.com.au/images/detailed/2/20A005.jpg

Please help, thanks.

May 10, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 9
You might consider rephrasing the question(s), as I'm not sure I follow your train of thought.

May 11, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 9
  You might consider rephrasing the question(s), as I'm not sure I follow your train of thought.

LOL, i usually setup my speaker like passive speaker banana plug to amp then amp rca jacks(white red to 3.5mm) to my dac then dac usb to my PC..

But i now i wan to connect my consoles.. not sure if i can use above setup to my consoles.. both ps3 and ps4...

HELP...

May 11, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 9
  LOL, i usually setup my speaker like passive speaker banana plug to amp then amp rca jacks(white red to 3.5mm) to my dac then dac usb to my PC..

But i now i wan to connect my consoles.. not sure if i can use above setup to my consoles.. both ps3 and ps4...

HELP...

Are you trying to describe your connection backwards?
Maybe next time, start the description from the source (PC?), then work you way to the end (speakers).
If you had used the word "from", instead of "to", in your description, it might have made more sense.

You can connect an optical input DAC to the PS3/PS4, then run the signal from the DAC to the amplifier.
Using a regular DAC (optical) will not provide any surround sound from a gaming console, just basic stereo audio.
Something like a Astro Mix-amp, will give you headphone surround sound from a gaming console, but not as good audio quality.

May 11, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 9
ok thx bro, what if ps3/ps4 go to amp then to speaker? my amp doesnt have optical.. LOL... if my amp use rca cable(white red to 3.5mm), how to connect ps3/ps4?

hmmm.. XD

May 11, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 9
i saw this in the other forum

"You can hook your PS3 up to the TV using HDMI for picture and use the original AV lead that comes with the PS3 and hook the red and white pair to your amp for sound."

if this work, i need to buy some adapter,, XD

this one http://www.efilliate.com/images/prod_images/P4196a.jpg

they look so low quality.. LOL

May 11, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 9
  ok thx bro, what if ps3/ps4 go to amp then to speaker? my amp doesn't have optical.. LOL... if my amp use rca cable(white red to 3.5mm), how to connect ps3/ps4?

hmmm.. XD

Lots of low cost optical (S/PDIF) DACs sold on eBay.
FiiO D03K optical DAC sells for $28.
Maybe buy a used ($75?) Schiit Modi (optical input) DAC.
Then run an analog audio cable from the DAC (3.5mm) to the amplifier (RCA).

May 11, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 9
  i saw this in the other forum
"You can hook your PS3 up to the TV using HDMI for picture and use the original AV lead that comes with the PS3 and hook the red and white pair to your amp for sound."
if this work, i need to buy some adapter,, XD
this one http://www.efilliate.com/images/prod_images/P4196a.jpg
they look so low quality.. LOL

Give it a shot.

May 11, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 9

Lots of low cost optical (S/PDIF) DACs sold on eBay.
FiiO D03K optical DAC sells for $28.
Maybe buy a used ($75?) Schiit Modi (optical input) DAC.
Then run an analog audio cable from the DAC (3.5mm) to the amplifier (RCA).

acually my table is not big, i don wan to look messy, there are speaker, pc, laptop, monitors, amp, dac, two console and some audio recoding decives.. really no place.. stupid centrance don have optical.. !@#%*!@&#^

LOL...

THANKS FOR HELPING, i will post again if working! Thanks. cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back