Need help picking what headphones to buy.
Jun 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

R3tribution

New Head-Fier
Hi, first I want to start out by saying thanks for taking a look at my thread.
I have a dilemma that I need help with. I have had a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700s for about half a year now,
and I am extremely happy with them, but recently I acquired a job. I want to listen to music at work, but I don't want
to disturb my co-workers. I listen to music loudly usually, and it is impossible to bring my AD700s to work since
they leak almost as much noise as they produce. I am looking for some pretty good headphones that won't leak noise.
The music genres I listen to are Trance, Techno, and Classical. I do not require bass-y headphones, and my budget is 
around $300. You can go a little over with your recommendations of course, and again thanks for reading my thread!
I hope you find it in your heart to help me. I'm fairly new to the world of actual headphones. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Hi, first I want to start out by saying thanks for taking a look at my thread.
I have a dilemma that I need help with. I have had a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700s for about half a year now,
and I am extremely happy with them, but recently I acquired a job. I want to listen to music at work, but I don't want
to disturb my co-workers. I listen to music loudly usually, and it is impossible to bring my AD700s to work since
they leak almost as much noise as they produce. I am looking for some pretty good headphones that won't leak noise.
The music genres I listen to are Trance, Techno, and Classical. I do not require bass-y headphones, and my budget is 
around $300. You can go a little over with your recommendations of course, and again thanks for reading my thread!
I hope you find it in your heart to help me. I'm fairly new to the world of actual headphones. 

Brainwarz HM5, way under your budget.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
These look good! The reviews are good, and they are cheap. If I would get these I would probably want to buy an amp with them as well, so if anyone has recommendations on an amp too, that would be nice.

Fiio E10 USB-DAC-Headphone amp. ($80).

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
One last question, even with the amp do you think these headphones will leak much noise? I want to make sure I don't disturb my co-workers. Thanks!

The Brainwavz HM5 have thick ear pads, but I'll be home in a few hour and check my HM5 for sound leakage.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 12
Also are you use I should get the e10 as my amp? I don't have to bring it to work, I'm just looking for a good amp. My spending limit is like $400 for headphones + amp. 

Also I might be considering AKG k550s. They seem like a worthy candidate, but I will wait for your input since you probably know far more than me in terms of headphones.

Jul 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Also are you use I should get the e10 as my amp? I don't have to bring it to work, I'm just looking for a good amp. My spending limit is like $400 for headphones + amp. 
Also I might be considering AKG k550s. They seem like a worthy candidate, but I will wait for your input since you probably know far more than me in terms of headphones.

I'm guessing you will do very nicely with the AKG K550.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #12 of 12
Do you think it's better than the e10?

If it's on par with it, I would consider getting this because you can switch out the tubes, but otherwise I don't know. I'm going to do some research online I guess.

I can afford the V3 since it's only $10 more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back