Oct 2, 2001 at 7:56 PM Post #16 of 32
****, can't get the page to load
frown.gif
always screws up after the 5.6kohms resistors
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 32
k, more questions!
smily_headphones1.gif

sry, but got to be sure about this. if I was in the US, it would be easy, I'd just pick up the parts everyone uses from the RatShack, I'll have to make do with Conrad, which doesn't carry the same items RS does..

I'm not sure about which pot to use. the Alps pots look great, but they're over 20$ themselves
rolleyes.gif
don't want to skimp on this, but I'd rather do with a cheaper one first, them maybe upgrade.

so would this be a good one?
424137G1.JPG

424137M3.JPG

from the images in the article, I gather I need 6 pins, but the pic of the clarostat one for instance only shows four, and the one my pic only seems to have three
confused.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 12:26 AM Post #18 of 32
You may want to look into investing in a good soldering station, with a variable soldering iron.. Sux when you need to melt a big glob and your iron is to wussy to do it in less then 5 minutes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 2:19 AM Post #19 of 32
three pins would mean a single section , or mono pot,so two would be needed for stereo.
A real pain in a portable.You need to look for a dual 10K audio taper pot small enough for your chassis/casing for a single control of both channels

Oct 3, 2001 at 2:20 AM Post #20 of 32
Here's some discussion on potentiometers:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...p?threadid=636

The picture you show is a single, you need a dual (for stereo, like). Also make sure it's audio (or log) taper, NOT linear taper.

If you're buying expensive OPA134s you may want to buy a couple of cheap TL071s to test the circuit with first. Real bummer blowing expensive chips when you can't afford spares.

Oct 3, 2001 at 12:22 PM Post #22 of 32
k, seems I got almost everything.

except for the resistors and the electrolytic capacitor for the powersupply...
tongue.gif

it sucks man, they got all sorts of caps, but not the one I need and the page with the resistors quits loading just before it gets to the important resistors. tried it a hundred times, no go
frown.gif
mailed them, hope they'll respond..gonna nose around town today, maybe we got some store that sells stuff here, or maybe in Utrecht.

Oct 3, 2001 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 32
...subminiatuur elko's...why do peole give the same things different nams?
confused.gif

thanks wab
smily_headphones1.gif

just got the parts numbers for the resistors from conrad.

now lets see how this all adds up...

Oct 3, 2001 at 6:10 PM Post #25 of 32
k, for the parts from Conrad and shipping, about $55 (f133,79) and another 10$ for the opamps (and a little bonus for the great guy who's gonna buy em for me
wink.gif
shoot you a mail in a sec, wab). bit more than I hoped but I needed all the basic stuff as well, also getting a $7 multimeter. Conrad probably isn't the cheapest source either, but they do carry everything (if you manage to find everything that is
tongue.gif
) not bad I guess. and it'll get worse no doubt
cool.gif
I mean, think about all the cool upgrades and stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 7:10 PM Post #27 of 32
k, trying to cut the costs a bit, slightly over my budget the way it is now
smily_headphones1.gif

how important is the solder type? I picked the one with silver first, it's probably the best, but also the most expensive. can I just use the cheap one and save a weeks worth of coffee ($0.20 a cup, 2 a day)
smily_headphones1.gif
?

and how am I ever going to use all 500 resistors? I mean damn, thats a lot! I figure half of that woud be nice enough and safe me 4$..there's no way around that tho, using 10 10ohms resistors instead of a 100ohms one is not really an option..

Oct 4, 2001 at 8:43 PM Post #28 of 32
hm, found the animated soldering tutorial
smily_headphones1.gif
very usefull, I have soldered before, but don't remember most of it. great tips in there.

also seems I'll be needing the silver solder. ah well, better to do it right the first time anyway.

Oct 4, 2001 at 9:52 PM Post #29 of 32
ok, the order is out
biggrin.gif
damn I'm excited
biggrin.gif

going to take the time getting the hang of soldering first, and trying to think up a layout that makes sense. I see alot of pics with cases full of wires, I want to avoid that
smily_headphones1.gif

we used to have a nice book for physics which explained how most of those electronics work, but I don't have that anymore. someone know a good site where I can read up on this stuff? I like to know what I'm doing
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 32
hey Braver!

hi! how're ye doing man?

I'm fine, talking to myself a bit here..

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back