Need help picking all-round set of <$200 IEMs for a variety of music
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ezmacaroni

New Head-Fier
I've done a bit of research on this site, but I am still relatively new and want to make an educated next purchase. I am looking for suggestions for a pair of IEMs that sound good, with decent bass and as flat a response as possible with decent soundstage. I will mostly be using an iPhone or iPod touch as the source. I am looking to spend around $200, maybe slightly more if I need to.

I listen to a wide variety of music. I have classic rock, house music, rap, alternative, pop, jazz and anything in between loaded on my iphone. I want something that can handle whatever I throw at it.

Previous IEMs I have owned/heard are Shure E2c, E3c, UE200, and sennheiser CX870. I also own a pair of Skullcandy Aviators that I enjoy for artists like Pink Floyd. I also have had access in the past to an old pair of Stax (which I love, of course), but I am looking for IEMs and my budget doesn't allow for me to buy those anyway. 

Probably my favorite IEM has been the Shure e3s, but I always wished that they didn't roll off as much at either end of the spectrum and wanted better sound stage with some more bass. I definitely do not want a sound signature like the CX870s. They sound weird to me, and don't lend themselves to a variety of music- I find that guitars sound fake and voices sound a little far away. 

Thanks for your suggestions!

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back