Need help picking a pair of portable well rounded $250 headphones and upgrading my MP3 player.
Jun 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JAinK

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I'm looking for headphones that are great for Rap, Metal, Pyschedelic Rock and EDM(mainly Hardstyle, Hardcore, Trance and Psytrance). Sometimes I will put in Jazz, Classical/Opera, Folk, Alternative Rock and Hardcore Punk. I am going to use it on the subway, walking on the streets and when I am longboarding. My budget is around $250. I had the HD518, HD280 Pro, Grado SR80 and I currently own the Beyerdynamic DT235. 
 I am looking to purchase a new MP3 Player. I own the Sansa Clip+, but the headset socket is damaged. My budget on that is $150 or less. I owned an Ipod Nano, Zune 30, ZEN, Zen Mozaic, and Sansa Clip Zip.
Thank you guys for the time.

P.S. I never purchased an Amp for my headphones. What amp would you guys recommend. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 4
JVC HA-S500 are some great sounding portable headphones, cost is around $76, shipped from Japan, usually shipping takes 7 days.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread

Usually you can order different types of ear pads for them (off eBay) for around $15.

You might consider just getting another Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip, I doubt you find anything better (for the Clip zip's price range).
I own the Clip Zip, but now use a Sony E465 player because I wanted a bigger screen.

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I'm looking for headphones that are great for Rap, Metal, Pyschedelic Rock and EDM(mainly Hardstyle, Hardcore, Trance and Psytrance). Sometimes I will put in Jazz, Classical/Opera, Folk, Alternative Rock and Hardcore Punk. I am going to use it on the subway, walking on the streets and when I am longboarding. My budget is around $250. I had the HD518, HD280 Pro, Grado SR80 and I currently own the Beyerdynamic DT235. 
 I am looking to purchase a new MP3 Player. I own the Sansa Clip+, but the headset socket is damaged. My budget on that is $150 or less. I owned an Ipod Nano, Zune 30, ZEN, Zen Mozaic, and Sansa Clip Zip.
Thank you guys for the time.

P.S. I never purchased an Amp for my headphones. What amp would you guys recommend. 

Considering where you're using them, you'll need to stick with a closed can. Try the UE 6000 and MDR-1R. I like the MDR-1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back