Need Help picking a headset or headphones
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #16 of 25
So everyone said the bass wouldn't be enough, and you got them anyways, nice. The Fidelio X1 is fantastic, comfort, bass, for music and gaming. Plus they're just better than the 598s in every way. Get them and be happy IMO

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #17 of 25
well alot of ppl that i play with got sennheisers like this or bellow and they swear by them , kept telling me that i cant go wrong ... now that they are wearing in a bit they sound pretty good, and after messing around with volumes and stuffs but still that bass is not there ... i have read alot on the x1's but how much more bass is there ? cani feel it or should i go for closed cup designs ? 

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 25
The bass on the X1's coming from the HD598's will sound like throwing a 12" sub in. It's more wooly, but much better extended. Go read that review I posted, it covers both.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #19 of 25
looks  like i will be swaping them for x1's then, was lookin at a pair of denon ahd 2000's they look amazing but the price tag is a bit too much for my wallet unfortunatly ... they would of exactly wat i want by the looks of it , and being closed cans the bass would blow me away
maybe one day, im gonna wait a week or so then send these back through amazon somehow and swap for x1's,
again ty all so much i know im a pain :)

EDIT:  so i just read ur review and sounds like your brother was in the same sittuation as me im gonna send these back through amazon get me a refund and buy the x1's its only 20 pounds more so not to bad

have you got a god DAC and amp combo just so i can use my soundblasters z  optical out to get the dolby then and amp these babies, i cant buy it yet but i want to in the feature

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 25
btw, i noticed they are 20 ohm and my sound card gives 600ohm continuasly and doesnt lower its ohm's these are 50 ohm and i already can only have around 50% volume otherwise sounds like they are about to blow up how would the x1's handle it ?
like i said buyin a amp is impossible at this time already streaching my self thin :frowning2: 

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #21 of 25
The X1's are ~32 ohm... and the Soundblaster Z is ~22 ohms out... not the best pairing, but you won't know until you try. Ideally, the Z would be less than 4 ohms out. It'll probably sound fine (anything's better than onboard audio)... but an amp with a low output impedance like the Fiio E6 or CMoy would probably be enough to wake them up a little. Good thing is... you probably won't want to... and if you ever do, that quick fix could be a quick, fun upgrade for ya. As far as volume goes... do you have adjustable gain settings? The '600 ohm' just means it's putting out as much power as it can (it's a setting IIRC).

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #22 of 25
no cant adjust the OHM's on the card ill jst have to keep the volume around the 50 percent mark and adjust everything else along, all this impendence stuff is comlicated for me lolol,
should come through today some time ill update when it happens

oh and i got a cable at same time

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #23 of 25
OMG! these are awesome just after plug in i put my eq on flat, and jst like that the bass was amazing ... they are overal jst better, i understand that sennheiser are very good but i think they can be a bit to hyped ... my friends will hear this :), i dnt have to shell out anymore nowty vm for the advice, ima enjoy some rock and dubstep :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back