Need help on buying some quality headphones!
May 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

guercil

New Head-Fier
Hello,
my friend is going to Cina this summer and I was thinking of making him buy some good expensive headphones for a good price!

the problem is, which to choose?

Requirments and info

I listen to music mainly from my itouch
Usually I listed to genres such as: mainly electro swing, electronic, rock (and pretty much all others) so I was looking for headphones that can really make me feel that bass and those high pitch sounds clearly!

I mainly use headphones when I'm on the go, hence, I'm looking for a pair that are fairly portable and not too big

I don't care about active sound cancellation as I think it's not worth the extra money if the headphones are able to do that passively anyway!

Also, AESTHETICS, the prettier the headphones the merrier I'll be!

I also listen to music while snowboarding  so I need some kind of controller to change/pause the songs without reaching into my pockets (btw it may not be a good idea to use my 'good' headphones while snowboarding as I do fall a lot on jumps... what do you think?)

Price range, maybe up to 200 euros... how much cheaper would that be in China? (I'd like to spend about 100euros)

I was thinking of the Beats Solo HD, simply because they should have a good sound quality, they are quite portable, and yes, because they look cool. Obviously I know they are overpriced only because of the brand but hopefully I would be getting them a lot cheaper in China! (also how can I avoid fakes!?!?)

I've read a similar post to mine... what do you think of the V-moda M-80s..I they look really cool 

Thanks a lot for any advice (and thanks for having the patience of reading all the above!) 

May 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Hello,
my friend is going to Cina this summer and I was thinking of making him buy some good expensive headphones for a good price!
the problem is, which to choose?
Requirments and info
I listen to music mainly from my itouch
Usually I listed to genres such as: mainly electro swing, electronic, rock (and pretty much all others) so I was looking for headphones that can really make me feel that bass and those high pitch sounds clearly!
I mainly use headphones when I'm on the go, hence, I'm looking for a pair that are fairly portable and not too big
I don't care about active sound cancellation as I think it's not worth the extra money if the headphones are able to do that passively anyway!
Also, AESTHETICS, the prettier the headphones the merrier I'll be!
I also listen to music while snowboarding  so I need some kind of controller to change/pause the songs without reaching into my pockets (btw it may not be a good idea to use my 'good' headphones while snowboarding as I do fall a lot on jumps... what do you think?)
Price range, maybe up to 200 euros... how much cheaper would that be in China? (I'd like to spend about 100euros)
I was thinking of the Beats Solo HD, simply because they should have a good sound quality, they are quite portable, and yes, because they look cool. Obviously I know they are overpriced only because of the brand but hopefully I would be getting them a lot cheaper in China! (also how can I avoid fakes!?!?)
Thanks a lot for any advice (and thanks for having the patience of reading all the above!) 

China is were you go to buy fake name brand headphones for a really good price.
If you want to buy real name brand headphones, you go to Europe, North America, or Japan.

May 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 8
would a fake have completely different sound qualities? is there any way of buying a 200 euros worth headphones and spending half of that? or is that just an illusion? (BTW it's actually Hong Kong, tecnically not China, not that it would make a difference)

May 20, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
would a fake have completely different sound qualities? is there any way of buying a 200 euros worth headphones and spending half of that? or is that just an illusion? (BTW it's actually Hong Kong, tecnically not China, not that it would make a difference)

Every retailer on the planet pays nearly the same wholesale price for headphones, so how could the ones in Hong Kong offer a better selling price?

May 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
dunno, thought electronics in Asia generally costed less... isn't that true for brands like Sony? I'm pretty sure it is...

I guess that could be true.
The asian market may not support higher prices that North Amercian and Europe can.

May 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I guess that could be true.
The asian market may not support higher prices that North Amercian and Europe can.

Quote:
Every retailer on the planet pays nearly the same wholesale price for headphones, so how could the ones in Hong Kong offer a better selling price?

Soooo does anyone have anything in mind for what I'm looking for?

May 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #8 of 8
Rofl.  Well, I would wait a bit considering the Euro is practically worthless in terms of exchange rate compared to what it used to be.  Hope for the best, me, I'm hoping it goes down so I can purchase the Spiral Ear 5-Way without spending as much money (go USD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back