Need help in choosing IEMs.
Aug 15, 2013 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

iwaks

New Head-Fier
Been choosing between klipsch s4i II and klipsche x7i. I know that both of these items are not in the same price range, but this is currently what i'm choosing from. But im xleaning further towards x7i.

Base from what i'm listening, do you think its worth dishing out the extra dough to get x7i? I listen to mostly anything except heavy metal, hiphop/rap.

Not really an expert on this, but would like to mention that im Not much of a bass lover, but of course i wouldn't want to go with a really low bass one if possible.

Let me know if theres anything else i need to provide to help you provide better suggestions.

Appreciate your response on my concern, thanks!

Edit: Other suggestions are also welcome, but it seems that these are the closest options available at the moment.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 12
Why not just get the X10 for half the price if you like Klipsch?

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Sorry, forgot to specify that the mic and controls is a requirement.

Get the X7i then, it's closer to the X10 and looks pretty good.

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Ok, but do you think the price increase over the s4i is worth it?

This is a tough call, I as have never heard the s4i.  And another problem is that Klipsch always WAY over priced their product, so honestly that the X7i is not worth their $200 MSRP.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #8 of 12
This is a tough call, I as have never heard the s4i.  And another problem is that Klipsch always WAY over priced their product, so honestly that the X7i is not worth their $200 MSRP.

Ohh I see. Well, with that in mind, perhaps you can suggest another IEM? I'm still open to suggestions, of course.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Ohh I see. Well, with that in mind, perhaps you can suggest another IEM? I'm still open to suggestions, of course.

At what budget?

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
Budget is about $150 - $200.

I think one of my problems here is that I dont have access to a lot of brands right now.

Where are you ordering from?  Heard a lot of good things about Vsonic and HiFiMan at that price range.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Where are you ordering from?  Heard a lot of good things about Vsonic and HiFiMan at that price range.

Well, Im going to ask my sister to buy an IEM for me from Singapore, so Im really just having her check brands out, and models if they're available. The Etymotics that they have over their doesn't have a mic, sadly. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back