Need help from anyone who knows pioneer sx 828 (or headphones in general)
Aug 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vinyl newbie

New Head-Fier
I was rummaging through some old stuff in my basement when I came across my father's pioneer sx-828. Finally I had something to play all those vinyls I love so much. Then I got a couple of speakers and records together. But then I looked at the back of the pioneer and realized I had absolutely no idea what I was looking at!! So, if anyone knows how to hook this baby up, I'd be all to grateful to know too!!

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinyl newbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was rummaging through some old stuff in my basement when I came across my father's pioneer sx-828. Finally I had something to play all those vinyls I love so much. Then I got a couple of speakers and records together. But then I looked at the back of the pioneer and realized I had absolutely no idea what I was looking at!! So, if anyone knows how to hook this baby up, I'd be all to grateful to know too!!

Post some pictures. I certainly remember amplifiers from the early 1970's. All of the ones that I remember had speaker connections which were either direct wire "clamp" type connections or RCA plug connections. The conection for a phonograph was usually an RCA type connection. The connection for a tape recorder was also usually an RCA type connection. Does that help?

I found a site on the net where you can buy a manual for it:

http://www.vintagemanuals.com/manual...r&model=SX-828

Users who are viewing this thread

Back