Need Help for purchase of either Audio lab mDAC with CORDA classic amp VS Burson HA160D
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Snooze

New Head-Fier
Im in need of some opinions on whether I should spend:

Auddiolab M-DAC AUD949.00 and Meier Corda Classic AUD699.00 TOTAL AUD1648.00

Or

Burson HA160D TOTAL AUD1200.00

I asked the online shop what he suggested as an alternative to the Burson HA 160D and he said
that the above mdac corda combo would blow it out of the water.

Would you peeps agree with this statement and I should invest the extra 450.0 or save some cash and have basically the same or better combo with the Burson.

I dont want to regret my purchase because this is alot of money to outlay for me.

Thanks

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 6
In this price range there are quite a few exciting choices and you're not limited to these two configurations - there may be other options that suit your needs.

What headphones are you going to use it with? What are your sources?

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 6
The M-DAC/Corda Classic combo is indeed much better than the HA-160D. You get highly regarded Sabre 9018 DAC, much better channel separation, less noise, less distortions and more power. But I'd also have a very close look at the Audio-gd NFB-11.32. You can get it from addictedtoaudio.com.au for $395, but don't let the price fool you: it includes the same DAC as the M-DAC, and the amp can easily challenge the Corda Classic one. If there's any letdowns with this one it would be in the styling department.
Regarding the HA-160D... go for it if "buy Australian" appeals to you, but in my view it's not worth the price.

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 6
Cheers thats what I was hoping to hear to be honest. I was really getting a bit worried about the Burson hype and I didnt want to make my decision until I received a well informed opinion such as the one you just delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back