Need help finding a new pair of headphones ( <$150)
Jan 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Keanulaszlo

New Head-Fier
Recently my great pair of Razer Orcas died on me after 2 and a half years of service, and I'm looking for something to replace it's void.

I mostly play games (sort of competitively), and watch movies on my computer. I don't have a sound card, I just use the built in one on my X79-UP4 motherboard, and I'd prefer something with a 3.5mm. I have a sort of firm price limit of $150, and I like circum-aural headphones. I already have a desk microphone, so I don't really need a headset. Something that caught my eye recently was the Sennheiser PC360, but it's ouy of my price range and it has a pesky microphone on the side.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

P.S.
My first post on here, but I've lurked for quite a long time.

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 5
For a little bit more than $150, the HD 558 are an excellent choice for movies, gaming, and music. If you want to stick with your budget, the ATH-AD700 I hear is great for gaming and music.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 5
I just picked up the HD558 and they are an excellent set of headphones. I am really liking the way they sound for music, and movies. I haven't used them for gaming yet.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 5
With my HD 598, I complain about how it's impossible to find a replacement wire for these headphones; maybe because I live in Canada. As for bulkiness, you may find it extremely long (3m), but the wire itself does not bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back