Need help finding a new IEM
Mar 27, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #16 of 20
Yeah, you're right. Some guys drive their IEMs dangerously loud. I'm a bit timid about crushing my ear drums, so I [usually] don't have problems with people hearing sound from my IEMs. As much as I love my Pinnacle P1, I'm considering adding the Shure SE215 to my collection, as more of a daily driver I can carry everywhere without having to baby them. Those get outstanding reviews for isolation alone. It doesn't sound like they'll be able to compete with the Pinnacles on sound, but if they're as competent as most reviewers say, they should be good enough for me.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #17 of 20
Yeah, you're right. Some guys drive their IEMs dangerously loud. I'm a bit timid about crushing my ear drums, so I [usually] don't have problems with people hearing sound from my IEMs. As much as I love my Pinnacle P1, I'm considering adding the Shure SE215 to my collection, as more of a daily driver I can carry everywhere without having to baby them. Those get outstanding reviews for isolation alone. It doesn't sound like they'll be able to compete with the Pinnacles on sound, but if they're as competent as most reviewers say, they should be good enough for me.

Just to give you a heads up, if you're a fan of the P1 you will probably hate the se215. I personally trialed the se215 and ended up sending it back. I will admit, I've never experienced another IEM with the level of isolation that the se215 provides, BUT it has severe rolled off treble. I have never listened to the P1 but I am a fan of other bright IEMs like the DN2000 and if you find enjoyment in the sparkly treble and detail in the high end then you will hate the se215 as much as I did.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 20
Thank you for that impression—seriously, that's my only concern about the SE215. And I've read that from a lot of other reviewers, too. You've given me extra pause to think about this. I enjoy some well-handled highs, but don't typically love really bright IEMs. That said, I've given away some in the past because they were too dark.

Maybe I'll hold off on these and look at something else. I like everything else about the 215s though.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #19 of 20
Thank you for that impression—seriously, that's my only concern about the SE215. And I've read that from a lot of other reviewers, too. You've given me extra pause to think about this. I enjoy some well-handled highs, but don't typically love really bright IEMs. That said, I've given away some in the past because they were too dark.

Maybe I'll hold off on these and look at something else. I like everything else about the 215s though.

From all the reviews I've read about the RHA MA750, it truly trumps the se215 in that segment of the market of warm IEMs

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 20
I owned the MA750i a few years ago. I sold them because I didn't think they were exciting enough. Definitely had highs to spare, but not quite enough low end for me. I've matured a bit since then. Maybe I'll try them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back