Need Help DIFFERENTIATING A NORMAL O2 and a O2+ODAC combo
Feb 9, 2016 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seanwee

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys i need some help differentiating a normal objective 2 and an objective 2 with the ODAC built in.
Are there any differences visually?

Im asking this because I was offered $180 on a O2+ODAC combo but im unsure whether its just a regular O2 or a real O2+ODAC combo.

Pictures of external differences would be very much appreciated .

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Feb 9, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 6
  Hey guys i need some help differentiating a normal objective 2 and an objective 2 with the ODAC built in.
Are there any differences visually?
I'm asking this because I was offered $180 on a O2+ODAC combo but I'm unsure whether its just a regular O2 or a real O2+ODAC combo.
Pictures of external differences would be very much appreciated .

The O2 (Objective 2) was originally designed to have two 9 volt batteries inside, so it could work off it's batteries, as well as an AC output.
The ODAC/O2 (all in one unit) has the ODAC PCB board taking the spot were the batteries would normally be.

It would be helpful if you could get pictures of the ODAC/O2 the person is trying to sell you for $180.
Several companies sell the ODAC/O2, with slight variations of the design.
At least the manufacturers name should be printed on the front, like JDS Labs, Mayflower, etc.

Massdrop sometimes sells ($200) the ODAC/O2 (Rev B?) unit with RCA jacks on the back.
The RCA jacks can act as a line-input, bypassing the DAC function,
or as a line-output, bypassing the built in amplifier.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-odac

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 6

The O2 (Objective 2) was originally designed to have two 9 volt batteries inside, so it could work off it's batteries, as well as an AC output.
The ODAC/O2 (all in one unit) has the ODAC PCB board taking the spot were the batteries would normally be.

It would be helpful if you could get pictures of the ODAC/O2 the person is trying to sell you for $180.
Several companies sell the ODAC/O2, with slight variations of the design.
At least the manufacturers name should be printed on the front, like JDS Labs, Mayflower, etc.

Massdrop sometimes sells ($200) the ODAC/O2 (Rev B?) unit with RCA jacks on the back.
The RCA jacks can act as a line-input, bypassing the DAC function,
or as a line-output, bypassing the built in amplifier.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-odac

Thanks for the info. No batteries inside makes it a no-go for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back