Need Help Deciding On How to Proceed (Amp Questions)
Oct 31, 2016 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bracohen

New Head-Fier
Hello. I currently have Sennheiser HD650 & HD598 and plan to get the JVC HA-SZ2000. I am using a Scarlett 2i2 for monitoring/amp/DAC right now. I want to get a dedicated amp, and I'm not sure if I need a DAC also. I have read that the built in DAC is decent but the amp is lacking. Currently I am thinking of getting the Element or Objective2. I am leaning towards the Element, I have read it is a great amp for the HD650.

A technical question: how does one connect the amp/dac to the Scarlett to continue monitoring? I have read that it works fine to do this, but I don't understand how having 2 amps and 2 DACs along the audio line would work properly.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 4

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Help and Recommendation Contributor
The line out of the Scarlett into the line in of the Element would be fine you are bypassing the dac of the Element. The O2 would be a better choice if you need to monitor though and sounds very good with the 650's.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 4

bracohen

New Head-Fier
I ended up with the Element, very happy.

Now I want to make sure I get the right cable for the job to continue monitoring. The Scarlett has L/R 1/4" output and the Element has L/R RCA inputs so I think I just need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O17/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Will there be any noticeable drop in sound quality or latency by connecting them like this? Thanks for your help!

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 4

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Help and Recommendation Contributor
I ended up with the Element, very happy.

Now I want to make sure I get the right cable for the job to continue monitoring. The Scarlett has L/R 1/4" output and the Element has L/R RCA inputs so I think I just need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O17/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Will there be any noticeable drop in sound quality or latency by connecting them like this? Thanks for your help!
That should work .

Users who are viewing this thread