Need Help Deciding On How to Proceed (Amp Questions)
Oct 31, 2016 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bracohen

New Head-Fier
Hello. I currently have Sennheiser HD650 & HD598 and plan to get the JVC HA-SZ2000. I am using a Scarlett 2i2 for monitoring/amp/DAC right now. I want to get a dedicated amp, and I'm not sure if I need a DAC also. I have read that the built in DAC is decent but the amp is lacking. Currently I am thinking of getting the Element or Objective2. I am leaning towards the Element, I have read it is a great amp for the HD650.

A technical question: how does one connect the amp/dac to the Scarlett to continue monitoring? I have read that it works fine to do this, but I don't understand how having 2 amps and 2 DACs along the audio line would work properly.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 4
The line out of the Scarlett into the line in of the Element would be fine you are bypassing the dac of the Element. The O2 would be a better choice if you need to monitor though and sounds very good with the 650's.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I ended up with the Element, very happy.

Now I want to make sure I get the right cable for the job to continue monitoring. The Scarlett has L/R 1/4" output and the Element has L/R RCA inputs so I think I just need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O17/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Will there be any noticeable drop in sound quality or latency by connecting them like this? Thanks for your help!

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I ended up with the Element, very happy.

Now I want to make sure I get the right cable for the job to continue monitoring. The Scarlett has L/R 1/4" output and the Element has L/R RCA inputs so I think I just need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O17/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Will there be any noticeable drop in sound quality or latency by connecting them like this? Thanks for your help!
That should work .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back