Need Help Coming From Meelec M6s
May 20, 2011 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KoldKore

New Head-Fier
I've been using the MEElec M6s for almost a year now and they sound very nice as most know. I could, however, use a tad more punch with the bass. So I have decided to move up the chain for something better. I first purchased the Klipsch Image S4s and I really regret that purchase. After a 48 hour burn in with various music, they still lack any clarity in the high end. I'm very disappointed. They have been shipped back to Amazon and once again, I'm looking for some earbuds to replace my M6s. After reading numerous reviews, the RE0, RE-ZERO, and Hippo VB are standing out. One of my main issues with the M6s are the hooks. They get caught on everything and have become too much of a burden. I'm definitely interested in something that can be worn straight down this time and not as prone to tangles. I'm trying to stay under $120.00. Anyways, all help is much appreciated. Thanks!

May 20, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 6
Check out Joker's thread at http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-167-iems-compared-xears-resonance-ps120pro-added-05-13 and ClieOS's at http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-monster-turbine-pro-copper-added-may-17th-2011. Pay particular attention to the sound signature, where you will find that something like the RE0, whilst an excellent IEM, is very light on bass and therefore would not be up your alley, if you are looking for a good punch in the bass. 

These guys know more about IEMs than most, so this would be the best place to start. Good luck with your hunt :)

May 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I decided to return the Klipsch S4s I got from Amazon and picked them up again at Best Buy. I figured I could have gotten a bad pair. These new ones sound a lot better, but at the cost of much more sibilance. I also noticed a redesign with them. A new soft rubber cord with a straight connector, one less pair of tips, and no ear wax cleaning tool. Looks like they're cutting costs. In any case, the microphonics are terrible too with this new cord. So... I was browsing around on Amazon once again and the highest rated iems were nu-force 700x. Never heard of em so I checked out the reviews here and they seemed pretty good. I just got them in about an hour ago and my first impression:

Pros:
great sound
deep bass + sparkle at the top
well packaged
nice accessories

Cons:
uncomfortable compared to the M6 and S4

I'm hoping I can get used to them. The buds that came with them are either too big or too small. I need something between the small and medium. Any recommendations are appreciated. Out of the different types of buds available, I'm thinking that soft squishy fabric type stuff would work well with these.

May 25, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Get some Sony Hybrids...they work great on the 700Xs.  You can get an 8 pack with the various sizes at Best Buy for like 10 bucks.

Sweet, I'll pick some up!

One more question.. I noticed someone said Monster Turbines sell for 50 bucks refurbished. How would they compare to these based on someone who has owned both? More accurate and less fun type of IEM?

May 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 6
Turbines have a bit more bass...but otherwise they are pretty similar.  The Turbines are a bit heavier, so if you're doing any sort of activity, you're probably better off sticking with the 700x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back