Need Help Choosing New In-Ear headphone - Dissatisfied with Monster Turbine
Jan 13, 2011 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

joe24

New Head-Fier

Hello, 

I purchased Monster Turbine (58$) recently and i am very disappointed. Though, the sound quality is excellent, bass is good( which is my priority) but the casing on the left ear piece was broken within 2 hrs. Noise isolation is also less and leakage is also high as i use my headphone while in transit and in little bit noisy area.

Following are my picks.. You can also suggest some..

1) Thinksound rain
2) Shure SE115  -   I like noise isolation of shure bt not satisfied with sound quality.. may be i cant get                                                                                               

more than that in 70$..

3) Rockford Fosgate PP15mm Punch Plugs In-Ear Headphones
4) Klipsch S4
5) Ultimate Ears Superfi5

I dont want to spend more than 70 bt would like to get more bass and noise isolation.. 
Help me to choose pls...

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 9
As a Thinksound Rain owner, if you want bass, that's not the model you want.  The Rains are more for the classical, vocal, and jazz lover.  Bass is there, but its not in front of you screaming, "hear me roar" or anything like that.  If bass is important, you want the TS-01 model.  I haven't had a single problem with Thinksounds, though if you do, apparently customer service is top-notch if something goes wrong.  The CEO is very much into making sure his customers are happy customers.

I don't know about any other models you listed.

Read up on the TS-01 here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKHTVK/ref=s9_bbs_gw_d1_ir02?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1K8P1TRDV722JXV35NZ9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 9
Overall sound quality the RE0 is unmatched at the 79 dollars price point. I dont find them lacking bass as opposed to other people so they might be your best bet.

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 9
I can't speak for the other ones, but I've had the Klipsch phones for a while now and they've never failed me. There isn't an overwhelming amount of bass, but there's certainly enough, IMO anyways.

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for reply..

i like the sound of monster but the housing broken within couple of hours .. and i found that some others also faced the same problem... and my use is little bit rough .. so i think that the thin cord of the monster might break soon.. 

And i also need noise isolation.. does ur monsters provide good noise isolation??.. little bit like shure  ?? ... and what about thinksound headphones... does that one have noise isolation.. i am still in double mind whether to go for refund or replacement for my monsters..  i am not comfortable with RE0.. i dont know why .. that are good ones bt not for me...

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #9 of 9
For bass you should look at the Fischer Audio Eternas.  I have them and I think the bass is great, and they isolate pretty well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back