Need help choosing headphones
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dominicanyunior

New Head-Fier
Here my story. I really own a couple not so expensive headphones which includes 
sony xb500
apple earbud 
Astros a40 ( yes I used them for music even though i bought them for my gaming rig)

So here is where I need your help
I'm going to buy 2 pairs of headphones one for gaming and the other one for music.
At first I was thinking of buying the ATH M50 as my first true quality cans but I want to know what else is there for $300 or less.
I like to listen to Hip Hop Rap House Dubstep and really everything else except for like heavy metal or country.
Now xb500 where amazing with the bass but I felt like I wanted more clarity to my music.
So any ideas as for a good headphone will be apprecited.

Now for the gaming headset I was thinking maybe the AD700
but if there is something better let me know.

Also I want my music super loud so a portable amp suggestion will be appreciated.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Here my story. I really own a couple not so expensive headphones which includes 
sony xb500
apple earbud 
Astros a40 ( yes I used them for music even though i bought them for my gaming rig)

So here is where I need your help
I'm going to buy 2 pairs of headphones one for gaming and the other one for music.
At first I was thinking of buying the ATH M50 as my first true quality cans but I want to know what else is there for $300 or less.
I like to listen to Hip Hop Rap House Dubstep and really everything else except for like heavy metal or country.
Now xb500 where amazing with the bass but I felt like I wanted more clarity to my music.
So any ideas as for a good headphone will be apprecited.

Now for the gaming headset I was thinking maybe the AD700
but if there is something better let me know.

Also I want my music super loud so a portable amp suggestion will be appreciated.

Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphones.
Digbuy is selling them for $154.99, plus tax & shipping, I paid $256 for mine.
Should work for both music and gaming.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphones.
Digbuy is selling them for $154.99, plus tax & shipping, I paid $256 for mine.
Should work for both music and gaming.

I read some of the reviews of this headphones and it seems like a good choice. 2 questions I have are do these benefit from an amp and also do you personally own them, if so are they comfortable.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I read some of the reviews of this headphones and it seems like a good choice. 2 questions I have are do these benefit from an amp and also do you personally own them, if so are they comfortable.

The ATH-A900Xs really do not even need much amping, a $27 Fiio E6 can easily drive them.
But it's best to plug the A900X into a source with a low impedance (4-Ohms or less would be preferred).
I do own the A900X and they are my preferred closed headphone.
I personally find them very comfortable.
The only negative I have about the A900Xs is they are not the best plugged into a receiver (work great plugged into everything else).
It's not a sound quality issue with the receiver, it's just they can not get very loud.
My $60 Fiio E11 can get the A900X louder them my $500 receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back