Need help choosing headphones!
Oct 30, 2008 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Alexico

New Head-Fier
I listen to a broad range of music, almost every style there is, so I need the best ones that aren't bass monsters, but still have bass. I would like these cans to be unamped because I will use these with an ipod some of the time, rest of the time it will be amped. I have listened to the Grado 80's and 125's, and old school Sens HD420's. I love the 125's much more than the other two. Also i am looking for an amp for under 100$. My price range is 200 tops, but I don't want to overpay that using them unamped out of the ipod will be wasteful. Also i am looking for an amp for under 100$, so if you know a good amp for that price that will go with it post it please.
Some of the music i listen to:
Mogwai, Beatles, STS9, Umphrey's, Dre, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Wilco, The White Stritpes, the list goes on forever but you get the feel

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 8
How about pairing the Alessandro MS-1 with an Eddie Current Lunchbox II? The MS-1 would go nicely with your music and will work fine unamped from an iPod. The Lunchbox II is $219 (IIRC) and goes nicely with Grados. It'd be a little over budget, but not much.

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about pairing the Alessandro MS-1 with an Eddie Current Lunchbox II? The MS-1 would go nicely with your music and will work fine unamped from an iPod. The Lunchbox II is $219 (IIRC) and goes nicely with Grados. It'd be a little over budget, but not much.

I'm intrested in what exactly the MS-1's are, I know they are modded SR80's, but what is the difference between the two?

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #6 of 8
Is it $200 for phones plus $100 for amp? Totalling $300?

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bce22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it $200 for phones plus $100 for amp? Totalling $300?

yeah, right now i'm leaning towards the SR80's or MS-1's, and i dont think i'll be needing a real expensive amp. But i'm open to suggestions

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 8
MS-1 and Little Dot MKII.

Seriously good stuff. You'll love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back