Need help choosing a pair of over-ear headphones under 200, mostly for pop and electronic.
Oct 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HeadphoneNoooob

New Head-Fier
I'm a high school student looking for a pair of over-ear headphones that will be used when I'm on the way to school, in library, when I'm traveling, and studying. 

Basically my point is ...
-Under 200 over-ear, prefer detachable cords and not too long
-Not too ugly looking, and closed back (Example of NOT ugly: Ath-M50, Ath-ProMk2, and etc...)
-Listen to kpop, dubstep, eletronic, pop, hip-hop, and rap. 
-Balanced sound
-Sound source is my iPhone and My computer
-Comfortable and portable (if it's foldable then it's portable)

I know it's impossible to fill this criteria 100%, but try to help me. 
Thank you so much to anyone who responses. 
p.s. I'm sorry, if this is in the wrong threads ... I'm kind of new ...

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

M50? For his genres and budget? Certainly not.

The Ultrasone HFI-780 ticks every box, it's quite a bit better than the ATH-M50, and more balanced than the Ultrasone HFI-580, which has a more emphasized bass.

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 10
I haven't tried any ultrasones except DJ1 and ED8, he wants a balanced sound but looking at his genres still needs bass. So i can't think any other than M50

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 10
Exactly, and given his preferences, the HFI-780 are quite a bit better than the M50. Even the HFI-580 are a better option.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Are Koss Dj100 any good ? My friend said they are good for casual listening ...

Yes definitely and if you listen to any kind of Kpop with female vocals, they're amazing. Probably one of my favorites for vocals.
I don't know if you want to go around school with the Tony Bennett version, but it might still be on sale at Tuesday Morning for $50.
It's a version that includes a detachable cable, case and free download.

Trust me..wearing a Tony Bennett headphone around school is better than wearing one by Dr. Dre
biggrin.gif

NOTE: you can demo the DJ100 at Best Buy in the pro audio section if needed.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 10
I think the Ultrasones is a good way to go, over the M50. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Although I haven't heard them, it seems the Logitech UE6000 is one hell of a portable can. According to a lot of reviews, with active noise-cancelling it becomes a V-shaped monster and with passive mode it is relatively balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back