Need help choosing a pair of comfortable on-ear headphones
May 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

san14

Head-Fier
Hello.
I need a pair of on-ear headphones that are comfortable and don't get hot if there is such a thing. Should not leak to much sound, and do anyone know if cloth is preferred to leather/pleather if you want them to be cooler. I was thinking under $100

Here is a list of headphones I have been looking at.

Skullcandy Navigator
Incase Reflex
AKG K 450
Philips Frames (SHL5705)
Sennheiser PX200-II
Sennheiser PC 310 Headset

Any help is appreciated.

Jonas

May 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 7
I have the K450, and I highly recomend them. Super value for 100$. The biggest issue is isolation, but if you don't care much about it they are very good otherwise. Comfortable for a long time (straight 3 hours, in my slightly bigger than average ears) on the pads, limitless on the headband (you just don't feel it). Campling force is really good, a bit strong but it's preferable this way. Accessories are fantastic, only the cables are a bit too short (they are thin, but very durable and 100% tangle free)

One problem with them is that on very large head they just don't fit, so beware of that

Also consider the Sennheiser HD 2xx line, if pen back is an option the 239 is really good and even more comfortable.

The PX200-II seem to be a worse option, but honestly I don't know much about them. Less comfortable, less/worse bass (compared to the K450), 

May 21, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 7
OK thanks.
And the K450s doesn't get too warm. I had the Sennheiser hd 219 before and although they were comfortable it got hot after a while. Would velour or any other fabric be better.

May 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 7
regarding ears getting hot velour or fabric are much better than pleather/leather. they trade isolation/ease of cleaning for comfort/freshness. That's why I suggested the HD239, they have super comfy velour pads. Even though, the K450 suffer very little of hot ears, maybe because they are so small and the ears get lots of air around them

May 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Martin Logan Mikros from Newegg. Divinely comfortable on ear. Great value. Some say clamp too high. Just bend the band. It's really strong. I did this and they are my go to travel phones.

May 21, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 7
The Mikros 90 are stunning sounding, but comfort is very personal from what I've read. Some people love it, some hate it. Only by trying them a  correct choice can be made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back