Need help choosing a headphone!
Jul 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GeraldBaez

New Head-Fier
Hey all!

I've always wanted to have a good pair of around ear headphones. I've been researching online and apparently the best two are the Audio Technicas ATH M50X and the Beyerdynamic DT770.

Now I'm really concerned about overall sound quality because that is the main reason why I want the headphones for. Also, I really want them to be very comfortable.

I'm comparing these two headphones because they are more or less around the same price.

I really DO NOT want to use an amp because I plan to use the headphone with my iPhone.

And the DT770's I'm referring to are, specifically, the 32 ohm version.

Which one should I get!? I can't make up my mind!

What are your thoughts and opinions!?

Also...I don't plan on taking the headphones out all the time. Maybe sometimes like in plane rides, long car rides, and stuff like that.

I listen to a little bit of everything, not a specific genre - if that makes a difference.

I am on a 200-230 US dollar budget.

I'm not an audiophile, so I don't understand the terms you guys use lol, but what I really want is a headphone that will make me hear all the little details that I've never been able to hear before in my favorite songs.

I want to hear soaring vocals and stuff I've never heard before.

If there are better headphones, besides the 2 I've listed above, and are around the same price, let me know.

Please give me a recommendation as I can't make up my mind, and I've been dying to make a purchase so that I can finally experience what I've never been able to experience before.

Thanks in advance! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back