Need help buying headphones Best Open back headphones for gaming, music and movies for $130 or less
Sep 27, 2018 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

aceofpilots

New Head-Fier
I want a nice pair of open backs but I'm not sure what to go with.

I'd mainly be using them on my PC for gaming, music, & movies in that order.

I wont be using a DAC/amp

I know some that have been given were these but I'm not sure which are best to go with

I tried the Sivga SV007 that were recommended. They look nice but I don't like throwing $100 away with no sort of warranty and sound eh

**Has to be available on US Amazon**

I'm not concrete on these choices but they're some which were recommended but i'm open to other choices and help picking the best pair

ATH M50x

ATH-AD700X

ATH-AD900X

HD 559

HD 779

Sep 27, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 10
I would go for the AD900X.
While the AD-700X would be great for FPS gaming, it's lack of bass is a turn off for music, in my opinion.

The Sennheiser HD579 would be my second choice, after the AD900X
ATH-M50X, if you need something portable and all you really care about is lots of bass.

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 10
So between the HD 579 and 900x, which would you go with?

Have you ever tried the Sivga SV007?

How do they compare?

I wanna be able to really enjoy music but also still enjoy a headset for competitive gameplay

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 10
The M50X is closed.

My preference in your price range would be for the AD700X or HD559. Either one would work well, IMO.
So between the HD 579 and 900x, which would you go with?

Have you ever tried the Sivga SV007?

How do they compare?

I wanna be able to really enjoy music but also still enjoy a headset for competitive gameplay

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 10
This is going to sound a bit odd but, is it possible for you to get to the forum and get a used AKG K7XX. I'm a gamer too and these are hands down the best gaming option I've tried. It is far ahead of any "gaming" brand headphone I've tried. Furthermore, it does it directly from the PC sound card, which assuming you game, your motherboard is not a cheap one.

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 10
This is going to sound a bit odd but, is it possible for you to get to the forum and get a used AKG K7XX. I'm a gamer too and these are hands down the best gaming option I've tried. It is far ahead of any "gaming" brand headphone I've tried. Furthermore, it does it directly from the PC sound card, which assuming you game, your motherboard is not a cheap one.

im using my amazon gift card so yeah. unfortunately not an option

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #10 of 10
Everyone who aims at being productive will always make a choice to pick the best open back headphones for gaming that will ensure that the experience accorded is amazing! Headphones will be useful in many ways since it can really get a wide application in a variety of fields apart from gaming! Check here- https://soundrevealer.com/best-open-back-headphones-for-gaming/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back