1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Buying First Customs: JH16 vs Heir Audio 8.A vs UM Miracle/Merlin vs Westone ES5

Tags:
First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last
  1. Azsamael

I wish it was me :frowning2: oh well the price I pay for being slow

Thanks for letting me know!

2. lin0003
    Better luck next time hey?

3. Azsamael

You live and learn haha

4. yufeng23
    I love this thread because I'm experiencing the exact same thing as you!

Currently have a universal pair of TF10s and I absolutely love them.

Looking into reshelling them into TF10 x 6 and also interested in the miracle, jh16 and heir audio 8.a.

Wish you all the best!

5. Azsamael

I am torn between the JH16 and Merlin. From what a lot of people have been telling me the 8.A is a little too warm for my preferences. I have been sick for a while or else I would have ordered the Merlin already. That and I can't decide on a design.

Good luck with it!

6. toxicdrift
    ur not going wrong with either, they r both great iems .. the merlins are ie80s on steroids, so if u like that sort of soundsig u will love them / jh16 too really good. any reason for leaving out jh13's ?.. they came out top on the innerfidelity 23 ciem reviews :)

7. Azsamael

I read that and saw the new JH13 was one of the best. The only thing is, it might be a little too flat for me. I want that bass impact. My music listening is so evenly split between electronic (Trance etc) which is bass heavy and a lot of Alt Rock and indie that is a little vocal heavy. Trying to find a happy medium that would work for both.

So to answer your question: it's the bass haha

8. lin0003
    Quote:
    You should probably still get a Heir 8.A. I think that they will be your best bet. Just save up until you have $1300. 

9. EveTan
    And there have been some 8As floating around used for $800.

10. lin0003
    Quote:
    I think that they are all sold. toxicdrift sold his a while ago. 

11. EveTan
    Quote:
    I saw one not by toxicdrift. But I guess it's gone too.

12. lin0003
    Honestly though, bass heavy IEMs cause quite a bit of listening fatigue for me. The Sennheiser IE8 that I had a while back sounded terrible and after more than an hour I would start getting a headache. 

13. Azsamael

What would you consider TF10s? Bass heavy? I really like those.

How is JH build quality vs UM?

14. KimChee
    The IE8s had a lot of bass quantity, they had more midbass than my JH16...I hate midbass btw.  

15. Azsamael
    Quote:

How are the JH16s in terms of mid-bass? If I am understanding mid-bass right, I might not like a lot of it either, specially if it bleeds onto other frequencies.

First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last