Need help building a home theathre
Nov 26, 2008 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Deep_bass

New Head-Fier
Okay, so my dad just bought a $300 sound system without consulting me. and that sony sound system sounds like the biggest pile of sh1t iv ever heard.

the thing is i cant return it since the store (the brick) has no return policy. so i guess its going to be waste in the garage or il try to sell it.

so right now im thinking of getting a surround sound system and my budget is below $1000. preferbly in the 600-800 range.

any ideas?

also which speakers would be better. floor standing or bookshelf?

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 10
In 600-800 you can get some decent HT in a box solutions. I would suggest that you go that route instead of individual components, cos then you are gonna have to compromise heavily on one of the components.

Both Denon and Onkyo have some decent options in that price range. Since they receiver is matched to the speakers, you really dont have to worry too much about anything other than connecting the wires.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_bass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey man. how do i know which amplifier i need for the speakers?

If your referring to the Yamaha sound projector, it has all the electronics built in, just run the digital outputs from your cable box and dvd player and your good to go. Plug in a mic that comes with it and place the mic where you sit and it bounces sound off the walls and sets its self up automatic.

yspxi7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back