Need help again...(was posted in a wrong place)
May 17, 2014 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

m1ku

100+ Head-Fier
It have been a while since I posted a thread asking for help. Recently, I bought the m50x. When it arrived, Im kind of surprised the size of it. After wearing it for a week, I got some buyer remorse, but I did my best to ignore it until now :/

Since my head is below average (21") the m50x take up almost 50% of my head. Because of its size, it wont clap onto my head very well, so it weights down and puts pressure on top of my head...This is so far, the best headphone I ever had so I cant comment on the sound quality besides its clearer than my UE600, 

So...any suggestions? Something that has great sound isolation with somewhat punchy bass, and balance sound? 

sorry if I use the terms wrongly :p

(should've not ignore the discomfort and return it...now, I have no choice but to sell it... :'( )

May 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 7
It have been a while since I posted a thread asking for help. Recently, I bought the m50x. When it arrived, Im kind of surprised the size of it. After wearing it for a week, I got some buyer remorse, but I did my best to ignore it until now :/

Since my head is below average (21") the m50x take up almost 50% of my head. Because of its size, it wont clap onto my head very well, so it weights down and puts pressure on top of my head...This is so far, the best headphone I ever had so I cant comment on the sound quality besides its clearer than my UE600, 

So...any suggestions? Something that has great sound isolation with somewhat punchy bass, and balance sound? 

sorry if I use the terms wrongly :p

(should've not ignore the discomfort and return it...now, I have no choice but to sell it... :'( )

V moda m100 or m80

May 18, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 7
Hmm...I just got the UE6000, and I actually like them as much as the M50 series. Slightly different sound, but comparable to me, especially once I EQ out some of the warmth in the very upper bass/lower mids :)

My experience is with the M50s, not the M50X, although I understand they are fairly similar.

Another interesting headphone is the Donscorpio Dolphin. Roughly same headphone class to me as the UE6000 and M50. But the bass emphasis is centered lower in the subbass region. Doesn't have the warmth of the UE6000, or even as much of the upper midbass impact as the M50s--it's even lower. So something like classic rock or some pop music, I don't even hear the bass emphasis. Listen to EDM, and boy does it remind me it's there. As much impact as M50s or UE6000, although seems better transient response to me than the UE6000s.

Size is even a little smaller (and I would say feels lighter than the UE6000).

To learn about them, you have to search the Chinese Asian brand thread (not a lot of people know about them yet). I've done the tape mod removal that you'll discover, and that gives them a better soundstage than either the M50s or the UE6000.

May 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 7
Hmm...I just got the UE6000, and I actually like them as much as the M50 series. Slightly different sound, but comparable to me, especially once I EQ out some of the warmth in the very upper bass/lower mids
smily_headphones1.gif

My experience is with the M50s, not the M50X, although I understand they are fairly similar.

Another interesting headphone is the Donscorpio Dolphin. Roughly same headphone class to me as the UE6000 and M50. But the bass emphasis is centered lower in the subbass region. Doesn't have the warmth of the UE6000, or even as much of the upper midbass impact as the M50s--it's even lower. So something like classic rock or some pop music, I don't even hear the bass emphasis. Listen to EDM, and boy does it remind me it's there. As much impact as M50s or UE6000, although seems better transient response to me than the UE6000s.

Size is even a little smaller (and I would say feels lighter than the UE6000).

To learn about them, you have to search the Chinese Asian brand thread (not a lot of people know about them yet). I've done the tape mod removal that you'll discover, and that gives them a better soundstage than either the M50s or the UE6000.

um...I had thought about the ue6000, but im a bit worry about the cable quality since I had the ue600 and the wire broke after a few months. Not sure about the chinese brands. Guess I really need to ask "headphones for using on bus and public areas." since most replies never mention noise isolation. I know sound quality is important...

oh, and I find it hard to sell my used m50x :frowning2:

May 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 7
The UE6000 has been discontinued. So if you look hard, you should be able to pick it up for around $80.

The cable on the UE6000 is removable. I would think you could replace it if it broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back