Need HEADSET for music!
Nov 19, 2016 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Faurholdt

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi forum! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking to buy a headset for my desktop PC.
It will be my first headset for music.. 
I listen to pop and music with deep bass.
I want the headset to have:
       - Good sound quality
       - Very good bass
       - Fairly cheap.. (150£, 220$)
       - Closed
(A mic would be a plus, but not needed at all)
I am gonna be buying it on black friday. 

Thank you very much for reading!
I hope you can give me a recommendation. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 18
If you end up choosing headphones and not a headset, there are still options for a mic.

If you want a mic that fit's onto the headphone and you choose a headphone that has a removable cable that terminates in a 3.5mm port, you could go for the V-moda BoomPro.

Otherwise you could choose the Antlion Modmic if your headphone doesn't have a removable cable or a cable that doesn't fit the BoomPro.

If you want a desktop microphone I would suggest Blue Microphones but when you start looking at desktop options, you can have a whole thread on just the microphone.

Hope I could help,
-Nemo

p.s. the Fidelio should fit the BoomPro but the Beyerdynamics would not.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 18
get the 80 ohm version of the dt 770 if you have a decent sound card it will do the job but if it is not decent get a e10k by fiio it's a dac amp combo pretty cheap and used it's even cheaper

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 18
  Hello Head-Fi forum! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking to buy a headset for my desktop PC.
It will be my first headset for music.. 
I listen to pop and music with deep bass.
I want the headset to have:
       - Good sound quality
       - Very good bass
       - Fairly cheap.. (150£, 220$)
(A mic would be a plus, but not needed at all)
I am gonna be buying it on black friday. 

Thank you very much for reading!
I hope you can give me a recommendation. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Soundmagic HP200 semi-open headphones.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 18
  Thanks for the answer!

I will consinder the beyerdynamic dt770 - but do I need a good sound card in my pc? The sound card I have now is just a normal soundcard?

USB-DAC/amps
FiiO Q1
FiiO E10K
Schiit Fullla

Sound card
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #8 of 18
Thank you for all your answers! :)

EDIT:
Apparently I do not have a decent sound card.. which I thought.
I have a integrated sound card in my motherboard.
So I guess i'll have to buy an external sound card?
Correct me if i'm wrong: An amplifier dac (e10k) also serves as a sound card right?
The e10k by fiio will work for me if i buy a beyerdynamic dt770 headset, even tho I do not have a sound card right?

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 18

EDIT:
Correct me if i'm wrong: An amplifier dac (e10k) also serves as a sound card right?
The e10k by fiio will work for me if i buy a beyerdynamic dt770 headset, even tho I do not have a sound card right?

A sound card is basically just an internal DAC/Amp so yes the E10K will serve as a sound card. You only really need to buy one or the other.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #12 of 18
  Okay thanks Dulalala.

But what if the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80 doesn't come on sale black friday.
Which other headsets would be good to buy then?

HD600 is for $260 on amazon right now maybe it'll go lower? Or if the HD650 goes down too that's a good buy.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #13 of 18
Unless you absolutely need a closed back headphone I too would recommend the X2...easy to drive,no special gear is needed+nice bass.

the DT770 suggested above is okay if you can get past the piercing treble,which I could not.

The HD600 mentioned above is a fine neutral headphone but will not deliver deep bass response impact that youre seeking.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #14 of 18

EDIT:

A DAC/amp like the E10K, does not come with features like headphone surround sound, like a sound card would.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #15 of 18
  Thanks for the answer!

I will consinder the beyerdynamic dt770 - but do I need a good sound card in my pc? The sound card I have now is just a normal soundcard?

I think this post will help you choose wisely.  I found it in another thread. He regrets choosing beyerdynamic. 

Hi,

The past week I've been trying to replace my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones because they're getting old and have acquired a channel imbalance. I ordered both the Beyerdynamic DT-150 & DT-770 Pro 250 ohm headphones. First the DT-150s arrived, I listened and I was baffled by how terrible they sounded, a complete opposite sound than what people described. Very ear wrecking sibilant treble cans with zero sub bass, and the soundstage seemed distorted and the entire headphone was a mess I figured it must have been broken from the jump. I am returning those as we speak. Today, my DT-770 Pro 250 ohm headphones arrived and the sound is fine until the real low end is involved, the sub bass is replaced with this huge crackling distortion, there is no thump just crackles. Obviously these must be broken too?

I read reviews warning others about Beyerdynamic commonly sending broken pairs, I didn't listen and decided to give them a try because I am looking for new options for neutral(ish) headphones for home music production. I have been using Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones for my music for the longest time but really want to move on, I do not want to order another pair of those. I am prepared to return both headphones unless there is an easy way to fix the DT-770s, unfortunately I think the DT-150s are beyond repair they are just awful. My budget for new headphones is $400 max so if there is better options, please suggest away! I love sub bass and I love good mids, people mentioned the 770s having recessed mids but they sounded - fine I suppose, the DT-150s were almost null of mids but I think that is because my pair is defunct.

I also do not think it is a power issue, I used and am using my Schiit Modi Multibit DAC and Schiit Magni 2 amp to power each pair.

I really need a solution so I can get back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back