Need headphones under 250$....please suggest.
Oct 19, 2011 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

chetanappu007

New Head-Fier

Hello everyone, i need some help getting full size headphones under 250$. I currently own monster turbine pro copper earphones...i am looking for headphones which sound atleast as good as copper pros do or even better. please suggest me some good full size headphones. 
Thanks in advance.

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 12
What source(s) will you be plugging the headphones into?

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 12
Open back headphones or closed>?

Music genres that you listen to?

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 12
Open back headphones or closed>?

Music genres that you listen to?

I really dont know the difference between open back or closed headphones, please suggest the better ones among these two.....i dont really stick to one particular genre when it comes to music, i listen to any song which is good, but i like the bass to have a good impact but not too boomy or not too less.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
I really dont know the difference between open back or closed headphones, please suggest the better ones among these two.....i dont really stick to one particular genre when it comes to music, i listen to any song which is good, but i like the bass to have a good impact but not too boomy or not too less.

Open = cups are open, sound leaks into your ear and your music leaks out about 3-4metres all around you

Closed = cups are closed, they offer some sort of passive isolation

Open even though they may disturb people around you in a quiet space generally sound more 'speaker like'.

Closed headphones, generally sound like a closed headphone, small sound, sensation that it is a bit cluttered.

Reason I asked about your music taste is that a lot of headphones are good eg, rock but not electronic and
vice versa or great for classical but again crap for rap.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #7 of 12
Open = cups are open, sound leaks into your ear and your music leaks out about 3-4metres all around you

Closed = cups are closed, they offer some sort of passive isolation

Open even though they may disturb people around you in a quiet space generally sound more 'speaker like'.

Closed headphones, generally sound like a closed headphone, small sound, sensation that it is a bit cluttered.

Reason I asked about your music taste is that a lot of headphones are good eg, rock but not electronic and
vice versa or great for classical but again crap for rap.

Thanks for the explaination....i would need closed headphones and also i listen to more pop, rap and rock music.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
Thanks for the explaination....i would need closed headphones and also i listen to more pop, rap and rock music.

Denon D2000, Ultrasone 780 or Beyer Dynamic DT770 80ohm.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #9 of 12
I would choose the AKG K701/K702/Q702s. They are fantastic for the price, and I've heard a lot of other headphones and I'd say they are among the best by far for the money.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I would choose the AKG K701/K702/Q702s. They are fantastic for the price, and I've heard a lot of other headphones and I'd say they are among the best by far for the money.

He wants closed-design

Go for the D2000
Does well unamped, straight from the laptop
Nice quality bass on those

Those Beyer and Ultrasone from my own
don't sound refined and crisp without an amp
However they do cover your taste of Turbines, heavy bass though

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:

Out of a laptop headphone out with no headphone amplifier to use with pop, rap and rock? 
confused.gif

Plus they're all open, I use my K601 as a background speaker. Only thing more open sounding to
someone next to you would be an LCD-2 or HD800.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #12 of 12

He wants closed-design

Go for the D2000
Does well unamped, straight from the laptop
Nice quality bass on those

Those Beyer and Ultrasone from my own
don't sound refined and crisp without an amp
However they do cover your taste of Turbines, heavy bass though

The denon d2000 costs around 350$ which i cannot afford, but if they are really that good i will consider them.
Also will an amplifier really help me....if so please do suggest some amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back