Need Headphones Recommendations
Sep 8, 2010 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Rocker21

New Head-Fier
I've been using Skullcandy Ink'd earphones because I love their sound quality and they're comfortable but they also break extremely easy and it's getting expensive having to buy new ones every month or two. I'm thinking about buying headphones instead of earphones because it's hard for me to find earphones that are comfortable and that have good sound quality.

My budget is around $50 (maybe even up to $70) so what are some good headphones that I can get for around that price? I'm going to be using them for gaming and listening to music.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 10
OP, is it for portable use or home use only. and what about open close factor? open provides wide soundstage, that's good for gaming but everyone around you will hear it. closed provides better bass, although soundstage is reduced.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
OP, is it for portable use or home use only. and what about open close factor? open provides wide soundstage, that's good for gaming but everyone around you will hear it. closed provides better bass, although soundstage is reduced.

I'll mainly use it at home and I think I'm wanting close factor because I don't want people around me to hear what I'm listening to. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 10
creative aurvana live and denon ah-d1001. they use the same denon driver, highly rated.

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 10
nice find, i didn't know newegg still carries them. CAL is balanced and dynamic. i would have gotten CAL instead m50 if i knew newegg had them.

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 10
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280 pro's and they are pretty good.  They are a little tight on your head but they sound ok and you can get them on ebay for around that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back