Need Headphones for certain genres!
Nov 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nafixd

New Head-Fier
I need headphones that make voices (in the songs) clear and are very well all around.

Some examples of artists I listen to: Maroon 5, Adele, Christina Perri, Bruno Mars, and Orchestral music (Basically violin/cello with a piano).

The orchestral music is my favorite, like I want to hear the instruments come alive (best way I can phrase it). Like I want a headphone (not an IEM) that will be able to play the music of a violin crystal clear (also a piano). I also want the headphone to be able to give me clear sounds of the voices. The type of music is basically from the artists I stated.

My budget is less than a $100 though, so I don't expect the headphones to be perfect. I'm guessing what I stated is an all around headphone. I will be able to buy from eBay (if the seller is legit and has really good feedback).

I'm not sure if I want open air or not. I like the isolation of a closed one since it puts me in my own world, but recommend me some open air if you have any.

Right now, I own only an IEM, which are the Klipsch S4. I found the Klipsch Image one at a fairly priced amount (Ebay seller, brand new, 99% feedback). Are the Klipsch Image one a well rounded headphone (especially for my music type and artists). I also found the Grados SR80i and CNET states that it is good for instrumental (open air). 

I'm mainly going to use headphones in my house, but I still care about how much sound is leaked.

P.S. I am not very experienced with headphones. Also, the S4 didn't satisfy my need for orchestral music (distortion on high pitches, even though it wasn't that high).

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I need headphones that make voices (in the songs) clear and are very well all around.

Some examples of artists I listen to: Maroon 5, Adele, Christina Perri, Bruno Mars, and Orchestral music (Basically violin/cello with a piano).

The orchestral music is my favorite, like I want to hear the instruments come alive (best way I can phrase it). Like I want a headphone (not an IEM) that will be able to play the music of a violin crystal clear (also a piano). I also want the headphone to be able to give me clear sounds of the voices. The type of music is basically from the artists I stated.

My budget is less than a $100 though, so I don't expect the headphones to be perfect. I'm guessing what I stated is an all around headphone. I will be able to buy from eBay (if the seller is legit and has really good feedback).

I'm not sure if I want open air or not. I like the isolation of a closed one since it puts me in my own world, but recommend me some open air if you have any.

Right now, I own only an IEM, which are the Klipsch S4. I found the Klipsch Image one at a fairly priced amount (Ebay seller, brand new, 99% feedback). Are the Klipsch Image one a well rounded headphone (especially for my music type and artists). I also found the Grados SR80i and CNET states that it is good for instrumental (open air). 

I'm mainly going to use headphones in my house, but I still care about how much sound is leaked.

P.S. I am not very experienced with headphones. Also, the S4 didn't satisfy my need for orchestral music (distortion on high pitches, even though it wasn't that high).

Check out the Takstar Hi 2050 (Technical Pro HPT990), $70 from DigBuy, on eBay.
What source(s) do you plug the headphones into?

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, since I won't be taking this out of the house often, it will most likely be connected to my PC. I might plug it into my iPad or iPod touch every now and then.

Also, can you recommend a headphone with isolation? For some reason, I can't get the feeling of being separated from society with isolation headphones. 

And the headphones you recommended, are they good on high pitches on the violin? 

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 5
Hmm...maybe some Hifiman RE-0's or RE-ZERO's? I could be entirely wrong here, but from what I've heard, these work great for classical music. I have the RE-ZERO, and I listen to a lot of progressive rock/metal which is about the closest to classic/orchestras as I get and they're amazing. I'm sure there are many more options though, wait for some more feedback!

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Hmm...maybe some Hifiman RE-0's or RE-ZERO's? I could be entirely wrong here, but from what I've heard, these work great for classical music. I have the RE-ZERO, and I listen to a lot of progressive rock/metal which is about the closest to classic/orchestras as I get and they're amazing. I'm sure there are many more options though, wait for some more feedback!

Yeah, I'm not looking for IEM's. I'm looking for some OEM's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back