Need headphones for airline trips
May 28, 2004 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vincenzo992004

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a headphone to use for a long airline trip. I am not too concerned about audio quality, blocking out noise is the prime consideration. I will only use these maybe once or twice a year, so I want to keep the price down, maybe $25. I use my good ones when I want sound quality, for this I don't care. I am thinking that I want the type that cover the ears completely. I know about noise cancelling models, seems like for jet noise I would be better to block it out than to try to cancel it with out-of-phase sounds.
Any opinions?
Thanks

May 28, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, that was a good discussion. I should have mentioned I have ruled out canal and ear bud types because I don't like stuff in my ears, even though they are said to be good for isolation. So I am looking for recommendations for something that covers the ears with a lot of isolation.

May 28, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 5
For 25$ i dont think your going to find much thats still very much in the main stream field of headphones. the first set of decent headphones that i ever had were the Aiwa HP-X222's they are about 30$ and offer about 20dB of isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back