Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150)
Nov 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

HyenaPrime

Head-Fier
I would like to have some headphones that sound good with rap, dnb, and dubstep. They need to be comfortable and have good build and sound quality. Thanks.

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 13
Hi there. Have a look at the ultrasone headphones. HFI-580/680/780. The 780 is the one I have and its fantastic for EDM!! But not sure if youll get it for under $150. The 580 is similar, in fact more bassy than the 780 just a little less refined.

cheers

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 13
MalVeauX, what are the most comfortable headphones from that list?
Btw, I need them to sound good just plugged into an ipod.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
You might look into the Philips Citiscape Uptowns, which can be found for a lot less than $150.  I believe they fulfill your criteria.

They have a build quality issue.. the cable is absolutely horrifically bad, to the n'th degree.

MalVeauX, what are the most comfortable headphones from that list?
Btw, I need them to sound good just plugged into an ipod.

Comfort is subjective and personal to you. What I find comfortable, you may not, and vise verse. The DT770 is easily the more comfortable headphone out of those I listed.

Very best,

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 13
I was also looking into the ultrasone dj1 pro, do those fit my criteria and if they don't, can you tell me some cons?

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm sorry if I keep bugging you, but I basically want something that will be awesome for all music, I will hook it up to my ipod, and just want to listen to my music at home. I am having a really tough time deciding on a pair of cans under 150 because I keep hearing different things from different users. Because you are a headphone, supremus, I was hoping you could offer the best advice for a noob like me.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
I'm sorry if I keep bugging you, but I basically want something that will be awesome for all music, I will hook it up to my ipod, and just want to listen to my music at home. I am having a really tough time deciding on a pair of cans under 150 because I keep hearing different things from different users. Because you are a headphone, supremus, I was hoping you could offer the best advice for a noob like me.

Heya,

The Ultrasone HFI 580 basically will be/do what you're looking for in your price range from your ipod. Things you can do to mod it are swapping the pads for velour pads later if you want.

Very best,

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 13
are the 680s any better because they come with a carrying case and thats important

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
are the 680s any better because they come with a carrying case and thats important

They're not better. They require an amplifier, to boot. And are not as bassy as the HFI580.

You can get a hard carrying case separate. Focus on your headphone, not the accessories.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back