Need extension cable for AKG K1000
Nov 16, 2002 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mikeg

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd like to buy or fabricate a 15 ft. extension cable for an AKG K1000 headphone. Although I use a Grado 15 ft. extension cable for my SR325, I'd like to do the same for my K1000. Are there adapters that will let me use the Grado cable with both headphones? Please advise.

Nov 17, 2002 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't have an answer to your question, but have you thought about sending an e-mail to James Serdechny (sp) of Stefan Audioart and inquire about an upgrade K1000 cable in a custom length? I know their normal upgrade cable is only 5', but you never know.

Just a thought.

Nov 17, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
I don't have an answer to your question, but have you thought about sending an e-mail to James Serdechny (sp) of Stefan Audioart and inquire about an upgrade K1000 cable in a custom length? I know their normal upgrade cable is only 5', but you never know.

Just a thought.

I already have their 5 ft cable, and I don't actually want a longer one to replace it. What I'm looking for is an extension cable that can be connected between the 5 ft Stephan AudioArt cable and the headphone cable.

Nov 17, 2002 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 7
Doesn't the K1000 come with an adapter? If so, click on the Sonic Horizons link in my signature for lots of feedback on standard extensions...

Mark

Nov 17, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Doesn't the K1000 come with an adapter? If so, click on the Sonic Horizons link in my signature for lots of feedback on standard extensions...

Mark

No adapter with my k1000. Thanks for trying to help, but none that I can see in the link.

Nov 17, 2002 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 7
As an option, buy or fab a long interconnect and move your amp closer to where you listen.

The adapter is pretty simple, just a female 4 pin XLR and some wires. What do you drive your k1000s with?

gerG

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Greg Freeman
As an option, buy or fab a long interconnect and move your amp closer to where you listen.

The adapter is pretty simple, just a female 4 pin XLR and some wires. What do you drive your k1000s with?

gerG

I use an ASL AQ-1005DT power amp. with an ASL Passive TIDT preamp. Most of the time I sit very near the amp. and benefit from the short cables. But, sometimes I walk around the room, and it's for these occasions that I want the extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back