Need efficient headphone
Aug 31, 2010 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Apocalypsee

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I need to know something, is there any good efficient headphones that I could drive it without the need of headphone amp?

I use Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB modded to drive them. Currently I use Sennheiser HD-437 but it lacks treble detail no matter how much I modded it. I don't mind if it lacks bass detail, I'm more forcused to vocal and treble detail and huge soundstage. The 437 lacks in soundstage and treble.

Let just assume budget unlimited but I guessed all the high end headphone needs them so maybe I limited to low and mid range model. Any recommendation?

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 5
The vast majority of headphones will work fine out of your soundcard. An easy to drive brand is Grado, with all at 32ohms and around 90-100 SPL and could give you a brighter sound with more treble detail.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #5 of 5
HD555 and HD595's would also be good, nice sized soundstage and good warm treble. The HD555's were my first taste of good headphones and I've been an addict ever since. The 555/595 and the AD700 were not made for bass that is not their focus they are strictly for accurate representation of the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back