need earbud suggestions
Jan 21, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #16 of 22
in a turn of events I have gotten EX71s. I know they are probably no where near comparable to the er4p's but I just decided I didn't have the money to spend on them
frown.gif

thanks for all the advice guys, maybe one day I'll actually get some high-end earbuds!

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by justi
in a turn of events I have gotten EX71s. I know they are probably no where near comparable to the er4p's but I just decided I didn't have the money to spend on them
frown.gif

thanks for all the advice guys, maybe one day I'll actually get some high-end earbuds!

hey, theres nothing wrong with the ex71 (well, maybe a little) but its a step. IMO they are very nice for portable use as i dont need to worry about breaking or loosing them.

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #18 of 22
yeh I knew they were good and they had them at circuit city (where I bought everything) so I just decided to get them. I will be burning them in over the next couple of days like most people recommended.

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by justi
frown.gif

Nothin wrong with that IMHO.... theyre light, very comfey, the strain relief is very compact, I sleep ON mine at night, and you can wad them up and stuff them into your backpack storage compartment. Their bloated bass while inacurate is very fun to listen to IMHO.

Say what you want about their acoustic properties... physically they are a very good design.

Garrett

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #20 of 22
yeh I know they weren't a bad choice and all but ya know, always want the better ones
wink.gif

should I burn them in? is there a great advantage in doing so? I don't really know so I'm wondering.

edit : dream theater and liquid tension are AMAZING
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #21 of 22
I'm growing extremely disappointed with my EX71s
frown.gif
I don't know if its just the EQ on my karma or what (I have tried it at off and the infamous "rock", currently running on eq off) but it just sounds cheap and not that much better than what I'd expect from stock earbuds. I guess I will be taking them back and forking over money for something better. what should I get as a next step up? or would it be worth it to just take the plunge and get the ER4Ps?

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #22 of 22
I listened to the ex71s more and it seems that I love them in melodic parts of songs but they just seem to dropout when everything is full on but have great detail with just a few things (aka slow parts, etc.). I feel a lot of it was due to my EQ on my karma but I dunnno I still have a split view on them
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back