Need computer help: typing lag
Jul 5, 2005 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TenaciousO

1000+ Head-Fier
Hope you guys/girls can help me. I reformatted my harddrive last week, and ever since then, I've noticed that typing on my laptop seems to lag. It doesn't matter if I'm typing an internet address, chatting on a messenger program, or typing a post on these boards. This usually seems to happen right at the time I start to type, and then I have to wait several seconds for the display to catch up because I lose my place before I can start typing again, and then it's fine for a while until the typing lags briefly again. It's starting to get on my nerves, and I would like to fix this. Anybody have a clue as to the source of the lag?

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:19 AM Post #3 of 6
Ah, I had that problem with my very old laptop before.
If I am not mistaken, in my case, it's caused by broken laptop keyboard or something.

Try connecting it to a normal keyboard, and see how it goes.

Although I ended up selling that POS laptop on eBay though.
icon10.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 6
Did you download the chipset, video, lan, and sound drivers from the OEM website? I'm betting that you didn't, especially the video drivers and chipset drivers.

Jul 5, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I may have pinpointed the problem to my router or cable connection at my apartment because I brought my laptop to work, and there is no lag at all. I really don't have great technical knowledge of computers so I'm not sure why the router would matter, but all I know is that there is no lag at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back