1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need closed circumaural headphones around $50-100

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by pasiv, Jun 10, 2011.
  1. pasiv
    Been lurking around here for a little while and this is obviously the place for help.

I primarily listen to stuff from just my labtop using my headphone amp and usb soundcard. For quality, my music has to be lossless from cd or hi-res from vinyl (gotta friend who dabbles in very expensive equipment and records and gives me stuff). I listen to various types of rock and metal as well as, electronic and ambient music. Currently I've been using the Koss PortaPros for a while now and I like them. But they are very limited on bass and of course tons of sound leakage. Right now I'd prefer more private listening. I do follow specs on everything so I'd prefer something to have a nice range in frequency, and modest impedance. I'm not really a bass-head but a good presence is nice.

The pair I found was the Sennheiser HD428 for $50 on amazon. The only bad thing I've read about them is their neutral sound, as expected from Sennheiser, and a good burn in period for better sound quality and bass presence.

So can anyone find a better pair with a good bang for your buck price?

2. Nagasaki_Kid
    koss dj100 or ur55 sice you already have an amp

3. tdockweiler
    I also suggest the DJ100. They've been my favorite since the summer of last year. They have a balanced signature, but still have some slightly forward mids and a good amount of bass. $80 IMO is a steal for these.