Need "cheap" and very easy to use MP3 player...
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MrOldboy

Head-Fier
Long story short, I need to find an extremely user friendly mp3 player for my girlfriend's father. Now when i say user friendly I need something near foolproof. By that I mean he still uses cassettes and recently figured cds out. So for christmas were gonna get him an mp3 player and put his cassette/vinyl/cd collection on it.

Probably a 4 or 8gb would do fine. And cheap would be better since he'd be using it at work, and well its not so clean where he works. So it should be in the replaceable price range. $50-70 maybe. I'm hoping someone on here can help me out since I'm not real familiar with all the mp3 players out there.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 10
I suggest a Drag & Drop Mp3 player Because there is no software needed just drag the song into the drive.

but off the top of my head I think he might like the ease of the

*SanDisk Sansa e260* Price for 4GB 53.97

Sandisk Sansa E260 4GB MP3 Player in MP3 Players at JR.com

Hope that helps Good Luck...

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 10
I'd suggest a Clip before the e200 series for the price, but the Clip may be a bit small.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 10
^^ I'd go along with that. For the price range he's looking at, the Clip would be the ideal player. Plus, the interface is relatively simple and, as it's also in the Sansa family, there still won't be any software to learn and manage.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 10
how big do the clips go up to? 2gb?

Also was thinking those might be too small, not storage wise, but size wise. I was hoping for something around a cowon D2 size. Or is the clip that size about? I've never seen one.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOldboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long story short, I need to find an extremely user friendly mp3 player for my girlfriend's father. Now when i say user friendly I need something near foolproof. By that I mean he still uses cassettes and recently figured cds out. So for christmas were gonna get him an mp3 player and put his cassette/vinyl/cd collection on it.

Probably a 4 or 8gb would do fine. And cheap would be better since he'd be using it at work, and well its not so clean where he works. So it should be in the replaceable price range. $50-70 maybe. I'm hoping someone on here can help me out since I'm not real familiar with all the mp3 players out there.

Surely an ipod shuffle is the way to go here? Child friendly, 100% fool proof. Using iTunes to choose a song and drop onto the player is infinitely simpler than using windows explorer drag and drop for someone who cannot navigate a dile structure on a computer.

My vote goes straight to the ipod shuffle. Just tell him not to turn it sideways, that could cause confusion

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #7 of 10
Sansa Clip goes up to 8GB, though it is pretty small if you are looking for something similar to the D2...

How about Sansa Fuze? You could get a 4/8GB now and expand the memory in the future via microSD card.

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #10 of 10
I totally agree on the drag n drop sansa players. I have 3 and theyre nice players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back