Need budget headphone advice
Mar 4, 2006 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mazeroth

New Head-Fier
A good friend of mine at work came to me asking me to purchase him a set of $20-$30 headphones for work, since I'm the resident audio "guru". He doesn't want them to be huge and doesn't want the ear bud style, but something that's VERY comfortable and sounds good for the money.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I have no idea what to get him.

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 10
KSC-75.

Case closed.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 10
i would suggest sennheiser px-100's. tell him to quit being such a cheap skate and pick them up them for $40-$50.

edit: above suggestion may be better for him because of price, but they're clip-on's. i still recommend the px-100's.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 10
Go for either the Senn PX-100 ($40) or the Senn HD-201 ($20). Incredible sound for the money.
One is open, the other is closed; see what works better for you.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 10
The clip-ons won't work, and the Sennheisers might be a little too much. Trust me, this guy has NO idea about headphones so I'm sure something decent around $20-$30 would make him elated. He's using some $1 headphones at the moment, and has been happy with them for years. I'd jump on the Sennheisers (I own 2 pair of $$$ ones) but the cheapest I could find them, even on ebay, was about $45 shipped.

Thanks for all your help!

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazeroth
The clip-ons won't work, and the Sennheisers might be a little too much. Trust me, this guy has NO idea about headphones so I'm sure something decent around $20-$30 would make him elated. He's using some $1 headphones at the moment, and has been happy with them for years. I'd jump on the Sennheisers (I own 2 pair of $$$ ones) but the cheapest I could find them, even on ebay, was about $45 shipped.

Thanks for all your help!

consider visigodo's recommendation about the senn hd-201. they seem well-regarded here for the money.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 10
I second Kramer's recommendations. Your friend should go after the UR40's. They're full-size phones, but the cups are really compact. The UR40s are also said to be extremely comfortable, which should match all his requirements. The SportaPro's are smaller, but I don't know how comfortable they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back