Need bluetooth earphones that don't suck.
Mar 31, 2017 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

spykez

100+ Head-Fier
So I looked around for a couple days, nothing really came up as the best other than the cult following behind the Jaybird X3. Bought a pair of Best Buy, sounds GREAT, fits GREAT but the bluetooth receiver on it is garbage, got my phone in my side pocket while working and it keeps cutting out. I figure Best Buy as usually only has older stock and maybe Jaybird vixed the issue, return them and order a pair from Amazon since their stock moves quicker. Nope, same issue. From the back of my head where the bluetooth connector is down to just above my knee, it can't hold a solid connection.

I know I know, bluetooth sucks and it's a Sin to use them but I need a pair for work that doesn't involve me having a cable. It gets hot at work so running a cable under my shirt just gets sticky and pulls the cable down. Can't have the cable danging out or it gets caught on everything.

So....what's my next option here? Sweat proof would be great. The little ear wings were actually pretty neat and helped a lot. Absolutely never ever Bose or Beats so those are out of the question.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 13
le' bump

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 13
I have been using the Bose soundsport, reception have not drop once as far as the other side of 24hr supersport. More than 30ft during packed hours. Sound quality is very full and energetic. Rbh sb bt is exelent in sq but it has dropped once on me. Beat 3 connection is very reliable but sounds like Shiite. Have not heard x3 but that is my next bt iem.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 13
I can walk from one end of the gym to the other before my RBH cut out. Also a two year warranty.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 13
Good luck.  I never had any decent luck with anything Bluetooth.  I have found it to be a waste of time and money entirely.  I have never had anything that would connect to anything more than a few times and then the signal quit working for the most part until eventual and quick complete failure.

Best of luck

Riley

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 13
All the bt I have tried holds connection very well on my iPhone. However, sound quality really varies. Rbh is really good, next is bose, everything else is crap so far.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #10 of 13

Is your source aptX or AAC compatible?

Is that app supported or is it by device, i have an honor 8

Honor 8 doesn't have AAC or aptX hardware support so whatever product you buy will be using standard SBC codec. Since you like wings, the Jaybird X3 is honestly quite good. My favourite is probably still the JLab Epic 2 in terms of out of the box sound and fit (after I made a tip switch). If you wanted reviews, I have the JLabs on Reddit and will have one of the X3 on Reddit as well under my username in 2 days.

Source: I have the Jaybird X2 & X3, MEE X7 Plus, JLab Epic 2, Beats X, Beyerdynamic Byron BT, 1MoreiBFree, Beats X and Bose Soundsport Wireless on hand.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #11 of 13
My whole first post is talking about how the two pairs Jaybird X3 I tried didn't work worth a crap and you're recommending me the Jaybird X3 lol. TLDR?

Anywho it looks like it's possible to isntall aptx on any phone with BT4.1+  by flashing it on so I may just do that sometime in the future. Still waiting for the honor 8 roms to leave beta since the camera still isn't working.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #12 of 13
  My whole first post is talking about how the two pairs Jaybird X3 I tried didn't work worth a crap and you're recommending me the Jaybird X3 lol. TLDR?

Anywho it looks like it's possible to isntall aptx on any phone with BT4.1+  by flashing it on so I may just do that sometime in the future. Still waiting for the honor 8 roms to leave beta since the camera still isn't working.

I recomended you the JLab Epic 2 since you seemed to have ignored that... I just said the Jaybirds were quite good since you liked wings and I had no problems with the Bluetooth stability.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 13

Have u consider that your phone transmitter is be one that weak. Wireless connection works both ways, transmitter and receiver. The flashing thing most likely related with NFC, it has nothing to do with AptX.

AptX, SBC, and AAC are audio codecs that impacts overall SQ. Seems like you happy without it, so I won't worry about it. If they sound great for you, why worry :).

I used to have jaybirds (x2, not x3 though) and never had problem with connectivity. But everything changed after I discovered Linum cables and Shanling M1 :D. But that's another topic :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back