Need Beautiful Sound. Need Help.
Oct 28, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #31 of 40
True, it does not play these files, but it does play linear PCM, which has the potential to be much better quality than MP3. I've listened to both PCM and MP3, and could barely tell the difference; definitely not a large enough difference to justify the huge file size. I think this is mainly due to the fact that what the Sony does with MP3 files to improve the sound quality is truly amazing. The best aspect being the "Clear bass" option.
Anyway, at a capacity of only 16gb (which is huge for its size), I would prefer to have more than a few large audio files

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same w/the Fuze, full library integration. But,.......... it's "chunkier"? Oh brother!!!! Never mind, I'm out(LOL)!!!

I r hate chunkeh.
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #33 of 40
yeah: if you like what you have, don't bother going about trying to find other equipment. most players have bass roll off and some are rather significant. but only with low imp phones. it is a characteristic of almost all players out there.

but all of these are good suggestions.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah: if you like what you have, don't bother going about trying to find other equipment. most players have bass roll off and some are rather significant. but only with low imp phones. it is a characteristic of almost all players out there.

but all of these are good suggestions.

Thing is I DONT have the D2. It's stolen. So I thought of switching up. I liked the Cowon D2s sound and from what I read the Sansa Fuze isnt too different (warm like the Sony Walkmans), has no bass rolloff, and is MUCH cheaper. Also I can pick it up at any BestBuy instead of waiting for it to come through UPS which is a plus.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #35 of 40
did i somehow not read the entire thread? sorry. i have the sony, had the meizu (broke finally), cowon and iriver. the sony seemed to have the best low frequency detail with low ohm phones but has so much hiss that i don't bother.

the meizu hisses heaps too but has such a great eq. im sure the sansa are good too but they feel a bit cheap in the hand. they sound alright.

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #36 of 40
TBH the best sounding player I own, and have probably heard, is my Sony A829, it's better than my D2. It SINGS!!! And the new Sony S Series is said to sound amazing, pretty much no discernible hiss. And, it's not "chunkeh"!!!!
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #37 of 40
There are so many varying opinions on which player is better, and in the end I get the impression that all I have to do is consider one thing: Regardless of which player does what better, I will not be disappointed with a D2.

Someone asked about which headphones I was using; is there something wrong with the factory headphones? The only phones I have are my MDR-V700's, which I gather from the players ability to run 16-Ohm headphones, that it will run my 24-Ohm headphones. But I was planning on looking into at least a cMoy and some complementary phones if not an actual consumer-brand headphone-amplifier, etc.

And since my headphones are known for being bass-heavy, maybe I will never notice the roll-off.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #38 of 40
Logistics, i think u might be wrong bout the bass rolloff part. UM2 always known for heavy bass. on D2, the bass sound like THUD THUD. adding impedance doesnt help. i thought UM2 sound like that. even with M3B being on and EQ'ed, it doesnt improve much. i havent and probably never will try amp (exception maybe for fiio E5 haha)

but all that change when i auditioned my bro's S638F, i feel like i'm using another IEM. the bass is back. this time it really slam with authority and very tight. with S630F, i can FEEL and appreciate the bass.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #39 of 40
ugh. it's so hard to decide what to do. My cousin works for Apple and is completely biased; says the Cowon is just a cheap piece of plastic "tested one in a devs office, the ui is slow and buggy, crashed on me, blah blah." Grrr! I've read reviews online of people who got bad D2's with problems, but others are blissfully happy. I've worked with hardware long enough to see this happen with most every device so I can only balk at his blatant attempts to assure me iPod is the end-all, be-all.

Not sure what to do. I want the sleek, beautiful touch screen build of the Cowon, but not the high price-tag of the iPod Touch.

Edit: Okay, so after reading a long thread elsewhere about no real Line-Out ability on the D2, I'm interested in trying something else. Does the O2 do real Line-Out? I don't want to pay that much money for a PMP, but I'd rather purchase an O2 than purchase a Touch or Zune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back